Small packs of long-life crackers?

Food, Nutrition and Agriculture
Attack Warning Red

Small packs of long-life crackers?

Post by Attack Warning Red »

Sorry, I can't remember if I asked this before...

I'm looking to add some long-life crackers/Ryvita type things to my EDC. Kind of pre-wrapped, packs of 4 or so. Shelf-life about a year or more. I don't need a big old pack of them, just portable, wrapped-in-plastic packs of about 4, to add to my EDC food supply.

I'm sure it's not technically impossible, but previous searches have proved fruitless. I could transfer some crackers to a tupperware tub I suppose, but not ideal.

Any ideas?
Alleycat

Re: Small packs of long-life crackers?

Post by Alleycat »

I know they are not technically crackers but Belvita breakfast biscuits come in little packs of four and I have some in the cupboard that I have had for a good 6 - 8 weeks and they still have 6 months of date left on them - you might get lucky datewise if you have a good look. I bought them cos my mini aint a fan of cereals, but she's been having porridge since it started getting a bit colder - thats why I know its been 6 -8 weeks. HTH
hobo

Post by hobo »

Each box of Nairns Oat Crackers contain 4 or 6 (depending on size of box) packets of 6 crackers. Yummy AND healthy! There'll be a good 6 months BBE on them.

Hobo
the-gnole

Post by the-gnole »

Ritz crackers in small packs

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mini-Ritz-Origi ... B004Q46LTU

i have had a trawl of likely terms for supplies in the UK but there doesn't seem to be much coming up yet.
Attack Warning Red

Alleycat - thanks. I have a couple of boxes in already of those! Might put a pack in my bag.

hobo - I did think of Oatcakes. I'll check them out. I love em...

Gnole - Ooh, Ritzes!
the-gnole

Post by the-gnole »

Found some Jacobs cream crackers in 8 packs

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jacobs-Cream-Cr ... B005LM0V2E
Attack Warning Red

Thanks Gnole!

I just bought a box of Nairn's Oatcakes, and put a pack of six into my EDC kit sack for my rucksack. Along with a tin of Mackerel fillets (mmm!) and a Nature Valley bar. So mostly things I normally eat!

Can't seem to find the handy little Red Bull or Lucozade shots, that I previously included in my EDC. Went into a few shops in town just now, and no-one has them. I can only guess they got withdrawn owing to pressure from mother's groups after a kiddie got a bit hyper after drinking ten of them or some such usual nanny-state crap...