In the event of nuclear war...

How are you preparing
jennyjj01

Re: In the event of nuclear war...

Post by jennyjj01 »

Kiwififer wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:27 pm Society would in fact, break down. You see it in the Ukraine and what happened in Israel. Wipe away the very thin veneer of civilisation and we are no better than the Crusaders, sacking the city of Antioch.
I'm not saying it won't or doesn't happen, but I haven't seen reports of food riots or societal breakdown in Ukraine or Israel.
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
Kiwififer

Post by Kiwififer »

jennyjj01 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:33 am
Kiwififer wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:27 pm Society would in fact, break down. You see it in the Ukraine and what happened in Israel. Wipe away the very thin veneer of civilisation and we are no better than the Crusaders, sacking the city of Antioch.
I'm not saying it won't or doesn't happen, but I haven't seen reports of food riots or societal breakdown in Ukraine or Israel.
No I meant look at what happened in Iprin and Bucha. Those with guns and bigger weapons can pretty much do what they want. The law would become the law of the jungle. It happens in every war so it would happen after we were devastated.
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

Thanks. I'll read up on Irpin and Bucha.
I take it you mean military suppression and intimidation by an overpowering invader, rather than societal breakdown. You are right of course. The unarmed are helpless when the armed take control, whether that's invading army, or local warlords.
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
Kiwififer

Post by Kiwififer »

jennyjj01 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:43 am Thanks. I'll read up on Irpin and Bucha.
I take it you mean military suppression and intimidation by an overpowering invader, rather than societal breakdown. You are right of course. The unarmed are helpless when the armed take control, whether that's invading army, or local warlords.
Bad men do bad things when they have guns and there’s no rule of law. It is as simple as that.