Re: New and planning on abandonning you all. . . .

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

JohnMat wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:39 pm If I have broken a rule - why not inform me? This is not a good welcome to this site. Please communicate.
Sorry John your original post appears to have fallen through the net you'll need 10 (sensible) posts in other areas to access the private messaging system First 10 Posts or so requires moderator approval this keeps the scammers / spammers in check .. get to 10 posts and ask people to pm you .. we don't allow sales per-sey as thats a whole can of worms especially surrounding bladed articles and the like plus someone getting upset when the item gets lost in the post / stolen if you get my gist

I'd hold off posting your mobile number in public you'll probably lure the crazies in. ;)

Welcome to the forum

If you struggle getting shut of stuff local food banks / homeless charities would probably welcome most stuff
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

JohnMat wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:23 pm Hi all, I'm John and I've been prepping since the 90s. Our main preps were for bugging in. Being a little obssesive I've been prepping for the whole village. However we are now planning on "bugging out" in eastern europe. Which means I have many preps which I would like to find a good home for. We are located, at the moment, inbetween Bishop Auckland and Darlington (North East England). If I'd not be breaking any rules here, I'll give my phone number here for anyone in the area wanting tins, medical stuff, etc? I wish I'd found this forum sooner, but when I was last looking there was nothing like this!

Thanks
John
Hi and Welcome... I guess :)
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
Medusa

Post by Medusa »

Hello, please do give any unwanted food, hygiene and household supply preps to your local food bank, community kitchen, homeless unit or to your local church. If you are unsure, ask your local council who would point you in the right direction. They would be unlikely to accept medical supplies, but you may be able to find a local charity who would be willing to take first aid items for the Ukraine or similar. Have a look at Project Cure. I dont have an affiliation with these people but rather they were used than binned.
Growing old disgracefully!
jansman

Post by jansman »

JohnMat wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:39 pm If I have broken a rule - why not inform me? This is not a good welcome to this site. Please communicate.
Please communicate back then please,now that the link has been fixed. Thanks.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Mad Scientist

Post by Mad Scientist »

Welcome, John!
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Oh well dont let the door hit you on the arse on the way out.. want to play silly games as a new member deleting posts leaving dead links and wasting people's time who reply to you .. bye bye
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine