Ffp3 masks cheap

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Yorkshire Andy

Re: Ffp3 masks cheap

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Know one thing if work produced me those to wear I'd tell them to go away :lol: beter than a surgical mask but not sure by how much unless you have a perfectly shaped face
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:58 am Know one thing if work produced me those to wear I'd tell them to go away :lol: beter than a surgical mask but not sure by how much unless you have a perfectly shaped face
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Thanks Jenny...... I nearly washed my keyboard with tea
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

jennyjj01 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:14 am
Yorkshire Andy wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:58 am Know one thing if work produced me those to wear I'd tell them to go away :lol: beter than a surgical mask but not sure by how much unless you have a perfectly shaped face

The nose bag would probably fit better you filled it with haribo tangfantastic for me :lol:

Screenshot_20240129-183725.png
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articl ... #sec3title
Screenshot_20240129-184540.png

jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

The nose bag would probably fit better you filled it with haribo tangfantastic for me :lol:
Oh boy. Roughly translated from the CEO of Honeywell
"Who the hell passed this? We better stop pushing this shite before I'm pulled in front of a select committee and our brand gets shamed"

To report: I opened one and tried it on.

No adjustment to the rubber band tension
No metal strip for adjusting to the nose.
It did not even try to seal to the shape of my face.
>90% of breath was passing through the gaps around the nose, steaming up my specs.
No amount of squeezing, moving or fidgeting would make it maintain a seal.
Not even as good as a blue surgical mask.

Honeywell North FFP3 = Total SHITE = WORSE THAN USELESS NOT worth £1 for 16.
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

jennyjj01 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:07 pm

Oh boy. Roughly translated from the CEO of Honeywell
"Who the hell passed this? We better stop pushing this shite before I'm pulled in front of a select committee and our brand gets shamed"

To report: I opened one and tried it on.

No adjustment to the rubber band tension
No metal strip for adjusting to the nose.
It did not even try to seal to the shape of my face.
>90% of breath was passing through the gaps around the nose, steaming up my specs.
No amount of squeezing, moving or fidgeting would make it maintain a seal.
Not even as good as a blue surgical mask.

Honeywell North FFP3 = Total SHITE = WORSE THAN USELESS NOT worth £1 for 16.

Keep them and distribute to those you don't like in the event of another pandemic / nuclear fall out ;) :shock: :o

NORTH used to make bloody good PPE I've had some Honeywell masks in the past and they have been ok to say these are a let down is an understatement..

I took to Facebook a few years ago we had a 3M rep visit and the samples he left were crap they got told .. to the point another rep came back to work to try again :lol: :lol:

And the Lyrico rep who tried pushing his super nitrile gloves whilst we had a outside trainer doing first aid at work I split the glove he gave me to try he then tried saying it I put it on wrong / was being rough with it... Then pulled on the gloves we have at work I yanked it almost upto my elbow before it split.. then the first aid trainer ex ramc got one and did the same and he told him they were erm ... the more expletive word for poo... And how can he sell this stuff bearing in mind that people have hiv / hepatitis :lol:

jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

I wish I could take a photo to do justice to just how shoddy they are.
Where they were (presumably steam and pressure ) moulded, they have formed rucks and folds and overlaps in totally random places around the edge. They are not even roughly symmetrical.

There is no redemption for these. Question to the collective..... Where can I get appropriate quality masks at acceptable cost. Preferably in quantity.

Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

jennyjj01 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:30 pm I wish I could take a photo to do justice to just how shoddy they are.
Where they were (presumably steam and pressure ) moulded, they have formed rucks and folds and overlaps in totally random places around the edge. They are not even roughly symmetrical.

There is no redemption for these. Question to the collective..... Where can I get appropriate quality masks at acceptable cost. Preferably in quantity.

I like these

https://evaq8.co.uk/jsp-springfit-dispo ... dAQAvD_BwE

Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Oh and Jenny I bought some too :lol:
Screenshot_20240129-214331.png
The 3m ones are ok but not as good as the spring fit

jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:44 pm Oh and Jenny I bought some too :lol:

The 3m ones are ok but not as good as the spring fit
Any idiot can make a stupid mistake :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just tell me you didn't waste your quid on my recommendation. Oh. But that would mean you paid more :roll: :roll: :roll: