Priority service register

Homes and Retreats
Yorkshire Andy

Priority service register

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

This was mentioned on the radio this morning

https://www.thepsr.co.uk/

The Priority Services Register (PSR) is a free UK wide service which provides extra advice and support, including when there’s an interruption to your electricity, gas or water supply.
Great news, you can register for the Priority Services Register in your area...
Simply click on the ‘sign up’ button below, and you’ll be re-directed to fill out the form on your electricity provider website. When your registration has been processed, you’ll received extra support if you’re ever without your gas, water, or electricity supply.

There's a list of people/ risk groups eligible on there
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Kiwififer

Re: Priory service register

Post by Kiwififer »

We have a lot of our service users registered on this (I work in MH support). It is absolutely essential if there’s a problem, I’m fine to go without heat etc if pensioners and vulnerable folk get help first.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Kiwififer wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:31 am We have a lot of our service users registered on this (I work in MH support). It is absolutely essential if there’s a problem, I’m fine to go without heat etc if pensioners and vulnerable folk get help first.
I've just signed my parents up to it dad's in his 70's and mums close behind ...if I'm at work I'm unable to assist them .. they tick a few of the priority boxes between them.. guessing not many know the list exists hence the media drive.. i could sign our house up wife got a blue badge but I can do far more than they can and as you say others need it more than us although the kids would love a blanket a piece :D

Saw it at work at the mother in law's before Christmas they were handing out "survival kits" to those at risk she's recovering from 'the big C' treatment and having a good natter with the staff when I arrived :lol: mil was happy with her torch/blanket package but was more the personal contact with the power grid people which gave her some reassurance followed by distractions caused by a overly excitable 6 year old with a head torch and his torch he was adamant he was lending to grandma running round her house in the dark demanding a game of hide and seek

jansman

Post by jansman »

We’ve just had a power cut. I registered last year just cos it was *why not?* .Anyhow,they offered torches and water etc., :lol: :lol: but we just told them we only needed information. It worked. :D
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

jansman wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:32 pm We’ve just had a power cut. I registered last year just cos it was *why not?* .Anyhow,they offered torches and water etc., :lol: :lol: but we just told them we only needed information. It worked. :D
It's nice to see it works :mrgreen:

Ara

Post by Ara »

That's useful to know and, like others on here, we are eligible, Mr A being a pensioner as will I be later this year. We don't need help at the moment but it's always good to be aware of these support services.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Ara wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:24 pm That's useful to know and, like others on here, we are eligible, Mr A being a pensioner as will I be later this year. We don't need help at the moment but it's always good to be aware of these support services.
Get yourself on the list like jansman you can always decline the offers but it's good to have a plan B ;)

Ara

Post by Ara »

Signed up now and also persuaded my elderly mum that it was a good idea for her too.
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Saw the title was "Priory Service Register" and assumed that Yorkshire A. was booking in to deal with his little torch 'problem' :D
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

ForgeCorvus wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:20 pm Saw the title was "Priory Service Register" and assumed that Yorkshire A. was booking in to deal with his little torch 'problem' :D
Shhhhhh do the priory do a service for that? :mrgreen:

Just spotted the typo :lol: