What Preps are you doing this week? Part 11

How are you preparing
GeraldTheBonzai

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 11

Post by GeraldTheBonzai »

Frnc wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:06 pm Practiced some knots.
Likewise. Got a couple of knot books and a length of paracord.
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

Arzosah wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:01 pm Sorry to hear this, Jenny, take care of yourself - I got it in autumn 2022, and I was ill for 2 months :(
hell's teeth Noooooooo.
I had a friend flattened by it for about 6 weeks from December.
Reading NHS guidelines, it's of no consequence and I can get out circulating it in about 5 days. :x
Feeling cr4p and getting worse.
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

jennyjj01 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:55 pm
Arzosah wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:01 pm Sorry to hear this, Jenny, take care of yourself - I got it in autumn 2022, and I was ill for 2 months :(
hell's teeth Noooooooo.
Reading NHS guidelines, it's of no consequence and I can get out circulating it in about 5 days. :x
Break out the rum and blackcurrant or whatever is your tipple :mrgreen:
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

jennyjj01 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:55 pm
hell's teeth Noooooooo.
Jenny, if you're feeling crap and getting worse, it's really important not to push through, a deadline of 5 days means nothing. Pushing through is a prime way to turn it into long covid :(
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

Arzosah wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:25 pm Jenny, if you're feeling crap and getting worse, it's really important not to push through, a deadline of 5 days means nothing. Pushing through is a prime way to turn it into long covid :(
This is much worse than last time. Last night, I really struggled to breathe. It was like my lung capacity had been decimated. The cough has eased, but I'm drained. A rather odd symptom: While trying to get to sleep, I could smell something like a butcher's shop. Like maybe a pile of beef bones.I woke up dreaming of bones which I could smell. Unpleasant :)

Stuff pushing through. I'm isolating in the spare bedroom. Work and housework can go whistle.
Napping and channel hopping..... And still feeling sorry for myself :)
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
GeeGee

Post by GeeGee »

Jenny take it easy i know a few who have had / got this they have felt terrible ..dont push it ...things will wait
One of the hospitals near us has asked people to stay away so many cases now of flu and covid and breathing difficulties
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Sleep propped up with pillows, don't lie down.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

jennyjj01 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:12 pmStuff pushing through. I'm isolating in the spare bedroom. Work and housework can go whistle.
Napping and channel hopping..... And still feeling sorry for myself :)
Good :) And the sorrier you feel for yourself, the less you'll do. Which is likely to mean that when you get well, you'll stay well.
Frnc

Post by Frnc »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:57 pm
Frnc wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:52 pm Just ordered a dehumidifier. Humidity in our house is over 60%, which is too high. I noticed condensation when I was in the loft. Bathroom has a fan, but it struggles to cope with lodgers' mega hot showers. Sometimes we dry clothes indoors, I'll have to use the line more. Does it dry outside if it's cold but dry?
If it's not too late get an ebac... Far more effective than most cheaper units and cheaper to run due to the fridge type cooling system Vs the cheaper to make Pelter units

https://www.ebac.com/dehumidifiers/2650 ... lsrc=aw.ds

Mines on smart low at first I was pulling 6l a day out the house.. now it's been on a while it's closer to 1.5 a day
Too late, arrived yesterday. I got a https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DFPH8PD
Seems to be working well, but I've not had it on long yet. It does emit colder air than my other dehumidifier, but I don't think it's a big deal. I like that it has a humidity detector. My old one doesn't, so I have to switch it on and off. This one I can just leave running. I didn't let it run during the night, but I might eventually. They say it takes a couple of weeks before the whole house it dehumidified, but you're supposed to have all the internal doors in the house open. I can't do that. It's not where I want it yet, waiting for the electrician to get back to me. I'm gonna have it on the landing near the bathroom.
Frnc

Post by Frnc »

Air it emits isn't as cold now, only slightly cool, and that might be mainly because it's moving air rather than actually cold.

Tried cooking rice in the flask last night. 2 hours was more than enough with a pre-rinse. Made way too much as my scales were acting up. Time for some new ones I think. Not a fan of rice anyway. Prefer the long life Naans. They take 4 minutes in the mini oven/air fryer, with no preheat time.