What Preps are you doing this week? Part 11

How are you preparing
pseudonym

What Preps are you doing this week? Part 11

Post by pseudonym »

It's that time of year again. Happy New Year.
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
ForgeCorvus

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 11

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Happy Calender Advancement Day.

This week I have mostly been fitting a new loft ladder..... I hadn't realised just how dodgy the old one was until I tried the new one for the first time.
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
jansman

Post by jansman »

A very,very happy new year to everyone. :D . I hope you prep well . My prep this year ,without trying to sound gruesome,is to keep surviving my *ancer. I didn’t expect to get this far,but by god I’ll keep fighting!
Keep on prepping! :D
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Happy new year everyone ... Carry on prepping :D
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Rykard

Post by Rykard »

happy new year everyone.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Oops! I started a Happy New Year thread without seeing that the year's wishes were on here. Ah well, so good they said it twice, sort of thing.

A massive prep that's been bumbling away in the background for me for a *long* time, is of getting independent transport. For a while I thought that could be a folding bike, then an electric folding bike. Years passed! I've been taking refresher driving lessons, as I passed my driving test a million years ago, and just after Christmas, the results arrived: I bought a car! I haven't actually driven it yet, with the demands of Christmas and recovering from Christmas, but today I'm going to clean the inside, clean as it already is, and tomorrow I'll head for a little drive. That was supposed to be today, but I'm still tired. I'm very happy!
jansman

Post by jansman »

Arzosah wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:56 am Oops! I started a Happy New Year thread without seeing that the year's wishes were on here. Ah well, so good they said it twice, sort of thing.

A massive prep that's been bumbling away in the background for me for a *long* time, is of getting independent transport. For a while I thought that could be a folding bike, then an electric folding bike. Years passed! I've been taking refresher driving lessons, as I passed my driving test a million years ago, and just after Christmas, the results arrived: I bought a car! I haven't actually driven it yet, with the demands of Christmas and recovering from Christmas, but today I'm going to clean the inside, clean as it already is, and tomorrow I'll head for a little drive. That was supposed to be today, but I'm still tired. I'm very happy!
Lovely! :D I admire you for your perseverance. Take care and treat every other driver as an idiot and you will be fine. In fact your recent training puts you in a better position than a lot of veteran drivers. Happy New Year.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

jansman wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 3:16 pmLovely! :D I admire you for your perseverance. Take care and treat every other driver as an idiot and you will be fine. In fact your recent training puts you in a better position than a lot of veteran drivers. Happy New Year.
Thanks jansman! I'm driving much slower than the people around me, and even so I still spark the "angry face" on electronic speed limit signs! Definitely lots of idiots out there.

I've bought the smallest car I could find - 1 litre automatic. I managed to do the spray cleaning today (the guy who drove it here had a lurgy) and tomorrow I'm off out, just for aimless local driving to get accustomed. I refreshed in a Peugeot, and this is a Toyota.

I'll let you know how it goes!
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Arzosah wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:14 pm
jansman wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 3:16 pmLovely! :D I admire you for your perseverance. Take care and treat every other driver as an idiot and you will be fine. In fact your recent training puts you in a better position than a lot of veteran drivers. Happy New Year.
Thanks jansman! I'm driving much slower than the people around me, and even so I still spark the "angry face" on electronic speed limit signs! Definitely lots of idiots out there.

I've bought the smallest car I could find - 1 litre automatic. I managed to do the spray cleaning today (the guy who drove it here had a lurgy) and tomorrow I'm off out, just for aimless local driving to get accustomed. I refreshed in a Peugeot, and this is a Toyota.

I'll let you know how it goes!
One of my biggest problems driving is that my car and the works van have indicators and wipers on the opposite sides, also the in van the wipers operate upwards and the car they go down :x
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
Peter

Post by Peter »

One of my biggest problems driving is that my car and the works van have indicators and wipers on the opposite sides, also the in van the wipers operate upwards and the car they go down :x

.......This happened to me some time ago but I was regularly driving four different vehicles, it took a couple of miles to get used to each, I don’t know how mechanics manage, especially small independent garages dealing with all makes of motors.