Windscreen wipers

Logistics and Transport
Yorkshire Andy

Windscreen wipers

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Just stumbled across these

https://www.tayna.co.uk/car-accessories ... YEQAvD_BwE

£1.60 a wiper £3.99 flat postage regardless of how many you buy....

So I've ordered 6 wipers some big some small all flat blade type works out at £2.50 each including postage

Tayna are a reputable firm sell mainly car batteries
IMG-20231117-WA0004.jpeg
Set for the wife's car was coming in at about £30 at Halfords.....
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Arzosah

Re: Windscreen wipers

Post by Arzosah »

Every time I turn around, there are more things to buy for a car :lol: I was checking out the windscreen wipers, honestly :lol: thanks for the linkie.
Yorkshire Andy

Re: Windscreen wipers

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Arzosah wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:46 am Every time I turn around, there are more things to buy for a car :lol: I was checking out the windscreen wipers, honestly :lol: thanks for the linkie.
They are a wear and tear item I'm lucky if I get a year out of a set probably due to the amount of mud they sweep away :lol: also accidentally switch on when they are frozen to the glass your asking fit trouble splitting the wiper blade from the holder ..

You need to see where your going local mot man likes knackered wipers it's a nice quick easy sale/ fix / money maker at MOT time :lol: ..

About 10 years ago I was getting my car serviced at a dealership (under warranty so keeps life simple if they service it should you have issues)

Sat in the waiting area bored out of my mind ...

they attempted to rip off a little old lady to the tune of £30 for a pair of basic framed wipers as it had failed the MOT on them being split / worn...

There was a motor world type shop across the road I brokered her free retest if she got them fixed got some wipers for a fiver each and put them on for her on their forecourt :lol: she gave me £20 note to pay for the wipers and told me to keep the change young man :lol: went back in ....

Mrs Smith is ready for her free retest they threw her mot pass paperwork at me and her keys obviously not impressed .....

Serves them right for messing me about saying get there for 8am and your car will be the first job since you've traveled 30 miles for a service... ... And it didn't move a wheel till gone half 10
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine