New covid strain in uk...

Medical and Healthcare
Vitamin c

New covid strain in uk...

Post by Vitamin c »

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/piro ... 02699.html

New covid strain found in uk ,w.h.o. are investigating seems that this new strain may be able to bypass your vaccines.

I have noticed more people than usual with masks on will you be one of them ...
Fill er up jacko...
Vitamin c

Re: New covid strain in uk...

Post by Vitamin c »

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/will-masks-ma ... 09507.html

Masks maybe on way back get a supply before prices rocket 🚀
Fill er up jacko...
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

Vitamin c wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:44 am https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/piro ... 02699.html

New covid strain found in uk ,w.h.o. are investigating seems that this new strain may be able to bypass your vaccines.

I have noticed more people than usual with masks on will you be one of them ...
I'm concerned at the re-emergence of Covid, too. A neighbour has it, a senior manager at my office just had it and one of his team seems to be off with it now. That is too close for comfort in what is a busy, close contact environment.
I'd like to start wearing an FFP2 at work, but in that public facing environment, doing so would be as popular as a fart in a lift. Employers and the public just do not have the inclination to mask up again. I feel we will have to have full on epidemic levels before any action will be taken.

And yes. I know that me wearing a mask will protect them more than me and that I need them masking up to make any difference.
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
Kiwififer

Post by Kiwififer »

Three of my team have been off with it. It seems to be rife at the moment.
jansman

Post by jansman »

This really is an interesting situation for *me*. My chemotherapy/ illness type means I have to take an antibiotic permanently,to try and protect my chest. The treatment of my brain with the above means my lungs are vulnerable! It could easily mean pneumonia sees me off! :lol:
However,I am not able to have vaccination anymore as I am being moved onto a new ( and vicious) chemotherapy treatment to try and slow down the tumour.

On top of that my wife is back at work with children- infectious little beasts :lol: - who could easily infect her with covid or anything else ,which would inevitably pass to me! I have had a rough cough this last fortnight,is it covid? I put the feeling rough down to coming off steroids.I am not worried about zero vaccination though,as originally it didn’t stop us both getting covid.

I wonder what will see me off in the end? ;)
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Vitamin c

Post by Vitamin c »

I suspect that many of us are shi..ing ourselves over the thought of going back on lockdown or being told not to go to hospital unless very necessary, even a run on food .
All quite possible if new strain is a bad one we have been lucky in the fact that covid has become less dangerous as time has passed but we can't rely on that .

I still have masks and I will now use them ,I too have to be very careful about reinfection, I have had it twice and have been told because of this I'm much more likely to get it again.

If it gets bad again I believe government will drag their feet over lockdowns because of the effect on the economy.

It's easy to forget what the country went through just a few years back .
Fill er up jacko...
jansman

Post by jansman »

I cannot see how our Uber - mega - debt - based economy can create another lockdown. Frankly my wife and I think it was a waste of time the first time round. It was world wide too. We were vaccinated with swiftly produced vaccines,and eventually everyone shouted “Hooray”. But now it appears that the virus is worse than the original.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Our local hospital has been full and on red alert for weeks, no cause given but we all know it's covid because everybody knows somebody who works there and they report back. I've started masking up again in buses and on the train because I haven't had it yet and don't want it now :evil:
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

So, people have been informed.

How many are going out and buying extra items before the rush?

How's your TP stash? Still got extra hand sanitiser? Mask supply added to?
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Onnit pseud - stuff ordered and arriving Monday.