New covid strain in uk...

Medical and Healthcare
Nurseandy

Re: New covid strain in uk...

Post by Nurseandy »

Never got the sanitiser & masks out of the car boot - have been in daily use for work since 2020 🙄
But you're right, there's no excuse not to be ready this time round.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Oh drat. I was hoping it was me being over-reactive :(

As for stocks, I'm keeping stocks as high as I can. Though I only have 6 months of toilet roll :shock: :D still have to order my online wholefood goods. And oh damn, more masks and sanitiser. Bleep.
Medusa

Post by Medusa »

Next door neighbours announced to my husband over the hedge that they have had it this last week. We have had very little contact with anyone due to being away in the Scottish countryside for a couple of weeks. Still have masks, gloves and some just in date tests. Not as worried this time around as Mum is no longer with us but will still avoid contact with my elderly Dad and the in laws in the care home if we get any symptoms. Husband visited the care home tonight and they have nothing in place at the moment so not too worried.
Growing old disgracefully!
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

Medusa wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:07 pm Husband visited the care home tonight and they have nothing in place at the moment so not too worried.
I think therein lies the problem: All the barriers and protocols have been dismantled. No-one has any inclination to reestablish them. But Covid isn't resting on its laurels.

We are worse than ill prepared: We are anti-prepared!
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

diamond lil wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:07 pm Onnit pseud - stuff ordered and arriving Monday.
Good job. ;)

Anyone else on things you ran out of?

Jelly Babies? Gin? God forbid tonic or mixers? Chocolate?

Like others I had the Jabs to visit my Father in the Care home, he's not around anymore so I can shelter in place if needed.
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

pseudonym wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:25 am
diamond lil wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:07 pm Onnit pseud - stuff ordered and arriving Monday.
Good job. ;)

Anyone else on things you ran out of?

Jelly Babies? Gin? God forbid tonic or mixers? Chocolate?

Like others I had the Jabs to visit my Father in the Care home, he's not around anymore so I can shelter in place if needed.
I took advantage of the dismantling of the systematic stockpiling of kit been sold off cheap. Local shop which sells bankrupt stock. Was knocking 3m ffp3 masks which (I'm face fit tested for) cost me £3 per box think I've got about 100 masks .. plus some more basic Honeywell ffp3 masks for a similar price which I've about 30 of....

Got plenty of hand gel still and never short of loo roll
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Kiwififer

Post by Kiwififer »

jennyjj01 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:16 pm
Medusa wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:07 pm Husband visited the care home tonight and they have nothing in place at the moment so not too worried.
I think therein lies the problem: All the barriers and protocols have been dismantled. No-one has any inclination to reestablish them. But Covid isn't resting on its laurels.

We are worse than ill prepared: We are anti-prepared!
I’m in social care and my job is community based. We have masks, gloves, sanitizer and brought in kits I had in the attic ‘just in case’ for the team to use. We have also had an email from management to remind us about safety precautions, taking time off and so on.

But that’s us and plenty out there are not playing it safe. As I said in an earlier post, three of the team have been off, it seems to be rife in Edinburgh at the moment.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

I'm fairly sure smelly (big lad) and Mrs A had it about three weeks ago but dismissed it as a summer cold....

Since then it transpires the wedding Mrs A attended half the guests came down with it which I think is her link ... My aunt uncle and cousin has had it (cousin imported it when he visited his mum and dad...)

Expecting another big spike in 2-3 weeks time when the schools start back round here
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Vitamin c

Post by Vitamin c »

My preps are up to scratch iv plenty of stored wood, I'm just going to take a back seat and watch what happens.
Fill er up jacko...
jansman

Post by jansman »

Vitamin c wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:47 am My preps are up to scratch iv plenty of stored wood, I'm just going to take a back seat and watch what happens.
Indeed. It’s all anyone can do. It’s called Life.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.