National drug shortage

Medical and Healthcare
Vitamin c

National drug shortage

Post by Vitamin c »

Received my monthly meds from doctors and ...atorvastatin..was missing that was Friday .
Today Monday go to doctors to report missing meds only to be told their's a national shortage of some statins ,statins are one of the most proscribed drugs in the western world.

If you need them you might not get them
Any shortages in your area.
Fill er up jacko...
Arzosah

Re: National drug shortage

Post by Arzosah »

Sorry to hear that Vit C - how long will the delay be, or have they given you something else?

I'm not on any prescriptions regularly, so it doesn't affect me. I hope it gets sorted really quickly.
jansman

Post by jansman »

I have had issues getting an anti vomiting drug that I take alongside my chemotherapy. The drug I took was fine. However,the one they replaced it with was actually better! So I shall stick with that. Mind you,the prescriptions I have - and it’s a few - always seem to be different brands.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Vitamin c

Post by Vitamin c »

In general the pharmacy that is attached to the doctors surgery has gone down hill since covid even with a new state of the art machine.
They knew they had not given me the drug I need but neglected to tell me ,you are told to put in your repeat prescription 7 working days in advance I always give them 10 and still month after month I'm down to my last few or run out

I google my missing meds and they have a half life of 24 hours so ok to today but still waiting for a tex to pick up a replacement drug.

Mini rant over sorry.
They work hard and it's obvious that long covid patients are clogging up the system.

More patients with more illness, same amount of staff.

If I could forage the meds I would.. :lol:
Fill er up jacko...
jansman

Post by jansman »

Vitamin c wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:17 am In general the pharmacy that is attached to the doctors surgery has gone down hill since covid even with a new state of the art machine.
They knew they had not given me the drug I need but neglected to tell me ,you are told to put in your repeat prescription 7 working days in advance I always give them 10 and still month after month I'm down to my last few or run out

I google my missing meds and they have a half life of 24 hours so ok to today but still waiting for a tex to pick up a replacement drug.

Mini rant over sorry.
They work hard and it's obvious that long covid patients are clogging up the system.

More patients with more illness, same amount of staff.

If I could forage the meds I would.. :lol:
:lol: Your 7 day notice is like mine. It gets very close some months!

Robert Frost.

Me.
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

Vitamin c wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:32 am Received my monthly meds from doctors and ...atorvastatin..was missing that was Friday .
Today Monday go to doctors to report missing meds only to be told their's a national shortage of some statins ,statins are one of the most proscribed drugs in the western world.

Atorvastatin!!! OMG. That's the only one I take. But I have well over a years supply stashed. Don't ask me how :)
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
Vitamin c

Post by Vitamin c »

jennyjj01 wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 4:20 pm
Vitamin c wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:32 am Received my monthly meds from doctors and ...atorvastatin..was missing that was Friday .

Atorvastatin!!! OMG. That's the only one I take. But I have well over a years supply stashed. Don't ask me how :)

https://youtu.be/2XK0RImTvh0

:oops:
Fill er up jacko...
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

Vitamin c wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:32 pm
jennyjj01 wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 4:20 pm Atorvastatin!!! OMG. That's the only one I take. But I have well over a years supply stashed. Don't ask me how :)

I keep forgetting to take them but I never forget to order them. :oops:

Good news is that with diet and lifestyle changes I've absolutely slashed my cholesterol and may not need the statins. Cholesterol used to be in a high risk range.
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
Mad Scientist

Post by Mad Scientist »

Good work, Jenny!

Thanks for the heads up Vitamin C my friend’s elderly parents are on those I’ll warn her to order early. Seem to have no problem getting my stash of thyroxine thank goodness.
jansman

Post by jansman »

jennyjj01 wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:09 pm
Vitamin c wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:32 pm
jennyjj01 wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 4:20 pm Atorvastatin!!! OMG. That's the only one I take. But I have well over a years supply stashed. Don't ask me how :)

I keep forgetting to take them but I never forget to order them. :oops:

Good news is that with diet and lifestyle changes I've absolutely slashed my cholesterol and may not need the statins. Cholesterol used to be in a high risk range.
If you forget to take them,why bother with a prescription? If you don’t forget to get them then that’s just greedy .You obviously don’t need them.

If I don’t take mine I’ll die quicker.

Robert Frost.

Me.