DIY dentistry

Medical and Healthcare
Rustyme

DIY dentistry

Post by Rustyme »

I have an abscess on my jaw , about the size of a ping pong ball . Top tooth at the back is breaking up. I have no dentist , not entitled to free nhs treatment , so will have to resort to yanking the Bugger out myself , not very brave where pain is concerned , so will do the deed when I have too . Talk about being prepared lol .....
Vitamin c

Re: Roy dentistry

Post by Vitamin c »

Iv pulled a few out over the years not cost just don't like dentists .
My advice is don't do one big yank ...wiggle woggle it till it pops out.
Fill er up jacko...
GeeGee

Post by GeeGee »

Good luck . If you have abscess though after you hear the cracking and tooth comes out be prepared for the gush of nasty
Some kind of mouth wash or something stronger may help but also if you can get hands on antibiotics for whatever infection is there it may be best.. i know GPS don't like prescribing for dental stuff but if you've already yanked the damned thing out then it isnt exactly dental any more
Rustyme

Post by Rustyme »

Cheers peeps . The topic should read diy dentistry lol . Yes wiggle woggle sounds about right for me , not that loose yet so needs to be played with .
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Blimey! In the meantime, can you do salt gargles or something, Rustyme? Best of luck with it.
Rustyme

Post by Rustyme »

Yes doing the salt gargle and drinking thyme tea and cleavers tea , thyme is anti bacterial and cleavers helps clear toxins . They do help but the tooth needs to come out so the gum can heal and no more infection can enter.
I had the same thing on the other side about ten years ago . Had a dentist then , they pulled it out after the abscess burst , huge amount of gunk came out . It t took 5 different lots of antibiotics and then thyme tea to get shot of it . Still got the scar on my jaw from that one .
jansman

Post by jansman »

Go to accident and emergency. Never underestimate infection. Really.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Vitamin c

Post by Vitamin c »

jansman wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 7:17 pm Go to accident and emergency. Never underestimate infection. Really.
XxxxxxxxxxxxxxX
Good advice
Fill er up jacko...
jansman

Post by jansman »

Vitamin c wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 7:21 pm
jansman wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 7:17 pm Go to accident and emergency. Never underestimate infection. Really.
XxxxxxxxxxxxxxX
Good advice
I have people telling me to “eat this,eat that”, “take cannabis oil” etc. I’ll take the World health Organisation medicine for my illness. Without it I’d have been dead inside two months!

Dentistry; my dentist is very old fashioned and professional . He values antibiotics.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Kiwififer

Post by Kiwififer »

Jeesy peeps!

There will be an emergency NHS dentist that you can attend, ours up in Edinburgh is pretty good, it’s in Chalmers Street.

https://www.nhs.uk/nhs-services/dentist ... -of-hours/

So many things can go wrong here, I wish you well but honestly, get yourself to a dentist and get some antibiotics!