New smoke emissions laws for wood burners...

Homes and Retreats
Stonecarver

Re: New smoke emissions laws for wood burners...

Post by Stonecarver »

jansman wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:53 am
Vitamin c wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:53 pm Just how would this new law be enforced, ie come in your home and inspect your wood stores or some sort of monitoring device that's held over your chimney.
Whatever it is I'm sure it will lead to lots of agro.
Won’t be allowed on my property,that’s for sure.
Unfortunately, plenty of people willing to snitch
Not worried about powering the whole house,just eating hot food,getting a brew,seeing through the dark,and staying warm.
Jansman
jansman

Post by jansman »

Stonecarver wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:18 pm
Vitamin c wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:53 pm Just how would this new law be enforced, ie come in your home and inspect your wood stores or some sort of monitoring device that's held over your chimney.
Whatever it is I'm sure it will lead to lots of agro.
Snitch what? It’s not illegal to use smokeless fuel and wood with less than 20% moisture. These ‘regulations’ are classic scare tactics by local councils. I am sure they will put some folks off,which is exactly what TPTB want.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

jansman wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:37 am

Snitch what? It’s not illegal to use smokeless fuel and wood with less than 20% moisture. These ‘regulations’ are classic scare tactics by local councils. I am sure they will put some folks off,which is exactly what TPTB want.
If I go shopping early, the smell of wood burning coming from most of my neighbours' chimneys is reassuring :twisted:
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
jansman

Post by jansman »

pseudonym wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:34 am

If I go shopping early, the smell of wood burning coming from most of my neighbours' chimneys is reassuring :twisted:
That is very true P. :D

Robert Frost.

Me.
Vitamin c

Post by Vitamin c »

The future for log burning is bleak, at first they will go for the folk who live in city's, towns and suburbs because they have mostly 2 forms of power electric and gas so if a power cut can still keep warm maybe even cook .

The countryside community on the whole only have electric power and if a power cut no way to keep warm, depending on how bad the warming gets they might leave the rural burners alone if not eventually.

No log burners full stop .
Fill er up jacko...
Stonecarver

Post by Stonecarver »

Vitamin c wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:50 am The future for log burning is bleak, at first they will go for the folk who live in city's, towns and suburbs because they have mostly 2 forms of power electric and gas so if a power cut can still keep warm maybe even cook .

The countryside community on the whole only have electric power and if a power cut no way to keep warm, depending on how bad the warming gets they might leave the rural burners alone if not eventually.

No log burners full stop .
Agree
Not worried about powering the whole house,just eating hot food,getting a brew,seeing through the dark,and staying warm.
Jansman
Stonecarver

Post by Stonecarver »

Stonecarver wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:18 pm

Scare tactics to discourage use of wood. Whether enviromental or health
Jansman
Rustyme

Post by Rustyme »

I need wood to survive , heat , hot water and cooking . No money buy any or pay for any other form of power but I have access to free timber and have had for many years. 'They' do seem to be up to something , controlling food , fuel , money , even whether we can leave our own homes , now you need i d to vote .
Where this ultimately leads I know not , but I don't think any of it is leading to a good place . Whatever happens I shall continue to use wood as I do atm , I will protect my ability to do so , if the system wants war it can have it , I would rather the quiet life and just do my thing on my own land , but if they stick their noses in to far I will kick off . Rambo was a pussycat compared to me without my coffee .... no wood = no coffee = I go ape sh#t......
Vitamin c

Post by Vitamin c »

If they send bailiffs and a locksmith plus a sparky possibly cops as well to homes to fit a prepay meter in poor folks homes .... in homes that don't want one .
What do you think government will do to those who break log burners emissions laws.
They will come heavy handed and do what the state requires.
Fill er up jacko...
jansman

Post by jansman »

Vitamin c wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:19 am If they send bailiffs and a locksmith plus a sparky possibly cops as well to homes to fit a prepay meter in poor folks homes .... in homes that don't want one .
What do you think government will do to those who break log burners emissions laws.
They will come heavy handed and do what the state requires.
As long as you have seasoned wood < 20% moisture- and we do, along with smokeless coal- and we do , along with all your neighbours- and ours all do :lol: then all is well. :D

Robert Frost.

Me.