problems with American bank

For all things financial
Frnc

Re: problems with American bank

Post by Frnc »

jansman wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:14 pm
Vitamin c wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:09 pm Who actually believes that if the whole system went bang we would get up to £85k .

I sure don't.

Stress test every thing except intrest rises.....

I am of a mind that you have the right idea Vitamin C. ;) I don’t trust the financial system ,full stop. When we were very young,we bought our home and were sold a cr*p mortgage. I won’t do details,but basically we paid for fourteen years for nothing. :( We took a straight repayment version ( which is normal now for obvious reasons) . I worked night and day ,bought and sold precious metals and managed to pay in six years!!!We both got sold cr*p pensions too! We were the generation that was sold this Rip-Off financial cr*p by what were known as ‘Yuppies’ back then.

Frankly,and I apologise if anyone is involved, but two working class kids like us ,were ripped off by a so - called ‘industry’ that are parasites! I won’t continue with that. :(

Right now,my prepping is sorting all sorts for my wife. My Oncologist told me that she will back me up to gain my insurances ,private pension(s) etc. The pension companies are very ‘regulatory’ when one WANTS one’s own money,but certainly weren’t when TAKING it!

All my wife wants is access to everything as easily accessible cash. And I cannot blame her. Trouble is however, legally earned,hard earned ( unlike financial parasites) is in danger of loss however we look at the situation.
If you take more than the 25% out, they will deduct tax on it, but you can claim that back, depending on whether you go over your threshold.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Frnc wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:24 pm
Vitamin c wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:09 pm Who actually believes that if the whole system went bang we would get up to £85k .

I sure don't.

Stress test every thing except intrest rises.....

I am of a mind that you have the right idea Vitamin C. ;) I don’t trust the financial system ,full stop. When we were very young,we bought our home and were sold a cr*p mortgage. I won’t do details,but basically we paid for fourteen years for nothing. :( We took a straight repayment version ( which is normal now for obvious reasons) . I worked night and day ,bought and sold precious metals and managed to pay in six years!!!We both got sold cr*p pensions too! We were the generation that was sold this Rip-Off financial cr*p by what were known as ‘Yuppies’ back then.

Frankly,and I apologise if anyone is involved, but two working class kids like us ,were ripped off by a so - called ‘industry’ that are parasites! I won’t continue with that. :(

Right now,my prepping is sorting all sorts for my wife. My Oncologist told me that she will back me up to gain my insurances ,private pension(s) etc. The pension companies are very ‘regulatory’ when one WANTS one’s own money,but certainly weren’t when TAKING it!

All my wife wants is access to everything as easily accessible cash. And I cannot blame her. Trouble is however, legally earned,hard earned ( unlike financial parasites) is in danger of loss however we look at the situation.
If you take more than the 25% out, they will deduct tax on it, but you can claim that back, depending on whether you go over your threshold.
I am terminally ill with a technical condition of * cancer,which gives me ( officially) less than a year to live. I qualify for 100% tax free.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Frnc

Post by Frnc »

jansman wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:31 pm
Frnc wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:24 pm

I am terminally ill with a technical condition of * cancer,which gives me ( officially) less than a year to live. I qualify for 100% tax free.
Yeah, I was sorry to hear about your condition. Good about the tax I guess.

Maybe something for your wife to bear in mind. I'm cashing in a small pension to get the roof finished, and they will deduct tax, but I should get most of it back. I have to do a tax form every year anyway. So I just say how much I got and how much tax they deducted. It counts as income.
jansman

Post by jansman »

My pension cannot BE a pension for my wife. She has to take the fund as it is. This is where the £85000 ‘security’ becomes an issue. Pushing my issues to one side though;

Nothing financial is safe.

Robert Frost.

Me.
Vitamin c

Post by Vitamin c »

Their's a 2000 year old book that tells a story about a chap throwing money lenders out of the temple.. 2000 years later its the same problem but hidden better.

All banking should be nationalised
Fill er up jacko...
jansman

Post by jansman »

Vitamin c wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:12 pm Their's a 2000 year old book that tells a story about a chap throwing money lenders out of the temple.. 2000 years later its the same problem but hidden better.

:lol: :lol: I’ll be going to see the bloke that book mentions quite a bit in the near future. :lol: I’ll have a word! ;)

Robert Frost.

Me.
Vitamin c

Post by Vitamin c »

jansman wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:46 pm
Vitamin c wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:12 pm Their's a 2000 year old book that tells a story about a chap throwing money lenders out of the temple.. 2000 years later its the same problem but hidden better.

:lol: :lol: I’ll be going to see the bloke that book mentions quite a bit in the near future. :lol: I’ll have a word! ;)

Thanks 😊
Fill er up jacko...
Frnc

Post by Frnc »

Jesus also said "woe to the rich" and "it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven". His disciples sold all their posessions and gave the money to the poor.
He did say pay your taxes, but this was because the Romans were trying to trick him, and he wanted to go down as a religious martyr, not an anti-Roman subversive. Plenty of Jews were opposed to Roman occupation of course, and this led to a series of wars starting about 30 years after Jesus was crucified. They were trying to restore the state of Judea. Hence the People's Judean Front etc! Unfortunately the third Jewish-Roman war ended badly for the Jews and they ended up banned from Jerusalem. There was so much depopulation the area's name changed from Judea to Syria-Palaestina.
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

Frnc wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:48 pm

Jesus also said "woe to the rich" and "it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven".
Jeezus H Ch****.
Have we drifted a teensy bit off topic?
Now we have the politics of religion in a topic on US Banking crisis.
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
Vitamin c

Post by Vitamin c »

jennyjj01 wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:58 pm
Frnc wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:48 pm

Jesus also said "woe to the rich" and "it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven".
Jeezus H Ch****.
Have we drifted a teensy bit off topic?
Now we have the politics of religion in a topic on US Banking crisis.

Are you OK you seem very tense at the moment, maybe try some deep breathing and let the mods do THEIR job.
Fill er up jacko...