Introduction

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
jansman

Introduction

Post by jansman »

Hi all, i’m a long time prepper ( in my 70s ) but new to this website.
I’ve used a small daysack for EDC for sometime after noticing how many people carry them, from school kids to business men.
If you keep your small stuff (knife, torch, lighter, mini FAK, emergency cash etc) in an inside pouch it’s easier to find and leaves plenty of spare room for other gear, hat/gloves etc snacks/water, and a little local shopping while your out and about. Let people get used to seeing you with it.
With a few extra bits and pieces kept in your car you have a GHB.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
jennyjj01

Re: Introduction

Post by jennyjj01 »

jansman wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:37 pm Hi all, i’m a long time prepper ( in my 70s ) but new to this website.
I’ve used a small daysack for EDC for sometime after noticing how many people carry them, from school kids to business men.
If you keep your small stuff (knife, torch, lighter, mini FAK, emergency cash etc) in an inside pouch it’s easier to find and leaves plenty of spare room for other gear, hat/gloves etc snacks/water, and a little local shopping while your out and about. Let people get used to seeing you with it.
Hi and welcome to the forum. I look forward to your contribution.

Meanwhile, something seems to have gone awry with the forum, because your post comes from the identity of Jansman, a moderator here. Maybe someone will identify the correct user ID to be associated with this new member.
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
GeeGee

Post by GeeGee »

Same post from gentleman named Peter in the welcome section
Unless jansman is now using a allias :) ...I think the post is from the same person as in welcome ...

Edit now disappeared so ignore me ....
Peter

Post by Peter »

Hi I’m Peter, it is my post that’s gone out as from jansman, don’t know how or why, as it was my first post, must try harder :) .
Frnc

Post by Frnc »

Peter's post is showing in a What Preps are you doing this week part 10, but not the main thread, a little one of it's own!
jansman

Post by jansman »

Peter wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:04 pm Hi I’m Peter, it is my post that’s gone out as from jansman, don’t know how or why, as it was my :D first post, must try harder :) .
No worries. You are here now. :D
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Frnc

Post by Frnc »

jansman wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:37 pm Hi all, i’m a long time prepper ( in my 70s ) but new to this website.
Hi Peter, welcome. That sounds like a good system. I agree with using small pouches in the main bag, I do that myself. I have several in my BOB(s). I don't have a car and don't normally travel far, so I don't really carry an EDC except on bike rides. If I go away I just have my travel bag. I should really make that a bit more of an EDC/GHB. But I naturally carry water, phone, food, waterproofs. I should add some first aid at least.

Do you have bug-in preps?
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

Nothing has gone awry - I just had to split the topic and this is how it ended up.

Welcome, by the way. :D
Peter

Post by Peter »

Yes FRNC, we’re quite well prepared for bugging in. Water in jerrycans (backup waterbutts), food, solid fuel, propane, medication, small solar setup, should keep us going for sometime.