Cash or card?

For all things financial
steptoe

Re: Cash or card?

Post by steptoe »

Frnc wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:58 pm
Bijela wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:42 pm
Frnc wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:51 am
One thing that annoys me, some staff at self service if you have whisky with a tag. They come along to tell the machine you are over 18. They go away. You pay for the stuff. You don't start packing because the whisky still has a tag. And you want to pack that first because it's a heavy item. The salesperson knows it needs detagging. They could have done it when they verified your age. BUT THEY DON'T TRUST YOU. Others do, but they don't. Or they are trained differently.
I think it's company policy that the items are not de-tagged till paid for at one of the main retailers.
Had it at Aldi today. Normally it's Sainsbury's, but not all staff. I wouldn't mind if they said "I'm afraid it's company policy not to detag until you've paid" and then looked over a minute later to see if you're ready. But they never do. I've tried just standing there, they never come back. You have to wave your arms around like you're guiding an aircraft in. Some even act surprised, as if the tag appeared by magic since they verified you.
LOL your right about directing a plane lol , that is why i avoid them self serve basicly no matter what i am scanning the machine i am sur has a little person inside and they say hehehe it is him again lets play him up lol , i am then left there calling waving to the attendant who comes over looks at you like you have ruined their day making them come over and sort the issue lol
Frnc

Post by Frnc »

steptoe wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:35 pm
Bijela wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:42 pm

I think it's company policy that the items are not de-tagged till paid for at one of the main retailers.
Had it at Aldi today. Normally it's Sainsbury's, but not all staff. I wouldn't mind if they said "I'm afraid it's company policy not to detag until you've paid" and then looked over a minute later to see if you're ready. But they never do. I've tried just standing there, they never come back. You have to wave your arms around like you're guiding an aircraft in. Some even act surprised, as if the tag appeared by magic since they verified you.
LOL your right about directing a plane lol , that is why i avoid them self serve basicly no matter what i am scanning the machine i am sur has a little person inside and they say hehehe it is him again lets play him up lol , i am then left there calling waving to the attendant who comes over looks at you like you have ruined their day making them come over and sort the issue lol
Keeps them in a job. That's why I don't feel bad about using self scan or smart shop. Rarely do I do a shop without needing someone.
steptoe

Post by steptoe »

Frnc wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:23 am
steptoe wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:35 pm
Keeps them in a job. That's why I don't feel bad about using self scan or smart shop. Rarely do I do a shop without needing someone.
LOL well as we walk in to the self scan if i had to i would just say ok do you want to come over with us saves my voice and arm waving lol .