blue badge

Logistics and Transport
steptoe

Re: blue badge

Post by steptoe »

Rusty74 wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:14 pm also found out today i can now get a 50% road tax reduction on either my car or van,all helps i guess while im not back in work yet
Wow rusty cna you not get the 100% we get ours free never knew they did a 50% , i guess because the wife has lupus and arthritus and major heart failure we get ours
GeeGee

Post by GeeGee »

grenfell wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:32 am Rusty could you explain the 50% road tax reduction please? How does it work and what can you and what can't you do? We have a SORNed vehicle but that has to stay in the garage.
Depending on the amount of benefit you get ..when Mr GG was declared terminal he got a small amount of benefit ..because we cant give a approx of when he will pop off he didn't get full ...
He now qualifies for a blue badge because he has more then 8 points on their benefits system
But as he does not get full mobility benefit only the lower part of it he qualifies for 50 % off the road tax discount

Its hard to find .. you need a V10 form from post office and theyll say they've never heard of it 😂 they do exist believe me..your log book proof of the PIP award or whichever award you have been given showing proof of the points ..your MOT cert ...and sent them all off to dvla to qualify for the 50 % off
The best way we have found is pay road tax in full then send all this off asking for refund or you may wait a long time and be without road tax ..as we found out originally
Also be aware that they will also look at why you have the disability premium and some illnesses are on the list of the dvla website where by law you have to inform them ..
Fortunately with other half it would only affect his licence if he drove coach or lorry ..
All the mandatory details about informing them are on the dvla website with the list of conditions

Be aware certain conditions with the DVLA ..they can recall you to have checks to see if you're fit to drive
Hope this helps
jansman

Post by jansman »

GeeGee wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:04 pm
grenfell wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:32 am Rusty could you explain the 50% road tax reduction please? How does it work and what can you and what can't you do? We have a SORNed vehicle but that has to stay in the garage.
Depending on the amount of benefit you get ..when Mr GG was declared terminal he got a small amount of benefit ..because we cant give a approx of when he will pop off he didn't get full ...
He now qualifies for a blue badge because he has more then 8 points on their benefits system
But as he does not get full mobility benefit only the lower part of it he qualifies for 50 % off the road tax discount

Its hard to find .. you need a V10 form from post office and theyll say they've never heard of it 😂 they do exist believe me..your log book proof of the PIP award or whichever award you have been given showing proof of the points ..your MOT cert ...and sent them all off to dvla to qualify for the 50 % off
The best way we have found is pay road tax in full then send all this off asking for refund or you may wait a long time and be without road tax ..as we found out originally
Also be aware that they will also look at why you have the disability premium and some illnesses are on the list of the dvla website where by law you have to inform them ..
Fortunately with other half it would only affect his licence if he drove coach or lorry ..
All the mandatory details about informing them are on the dvla website with the list of conditions

Be aware certain conditions with the DVLA ..they can recall you to have checks to see if you're fit to drive
Hope this helps
Very interesting. One thing I have found GeeGee,is that this disability/ benefit situation IS complicated! You sound expert, for sure.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
GeeGee

Post by GeeGee »

😂 not expert ..had to do a lot of digging its not totally available
You are told you can get 50 % off if you qualify for the lower disability ..but not where to find it ..
No wonder so many benefits are going unclaimed
Took me a few hours to find out where how and what to do

And I'm taxing the car next week and have the pile of stuff in front of me
So not expert ...just lucky timing on the forum 😅
Rusty74

Post by Rusty74 »

steptoe wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:25 pm
Rusty74 wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:14 pm also found out today i can now get a 50% road tax reduction on either my car or van,all helps i guess while im not back in work yet
Wow rusty cna you not get the 100% we get ours free never knew they did a 50% , i guess because the wife has lupus and arthritus and major heart failure we get ours
no i only get the lower amount of pip mate
Remember the rule of the 7 P's, proper planning and prepperation prevents piss poor performance...
Rusty74

Post by Rusty74 »

GeeGee wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:04 pm

Hope this helps
thanks for that
Remember the rule of the 7 P's, proper planning and prepperation prevents piss poor performance...
Rusty74

Post by Rusty74 »

well it came through the post today,so got to read up on the booklet that came with it for the do's and dont's,talking with the nurse i see yesterday in my hospital appiontment,said i feel embarised about it but she said use it when i need to and if i dont need it on a certain day then dont,which made me feel abit better and made sense as well tbh
GeeGee

Post by GeeGee »

Rusty74 wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:19 pm well it came through the post today,so got to read up on the booklet that came with it for the do's and dont's,talking with the nurse i see yesterday in my hospital appiontment,said i feel embarised about it but she said use it when i need to and if i dont need it on a certain day then dont,which made me feel abit better and made sense as well tbh

No need for any embarrassment..you have this because you qualify for it..because you have a medical condition that says you need it ..simple ...
So use it ...it makes all the difference espically for hospital apps ..cant get a spot anywhere driving round for a hour to try park ..then walking forever to get there as you may as well left the car at home and walked anyhow you're so far away
It helps ...

The only embarrassing stuff we have had is that some people openly voice ..well HE looks OK doesn't he ...with huffs and even a old lass taking photos of car saying shes reporting us even though badge is in
True yorkshire gob comes out with me other half just smiles and wanders off as he knows whats coming
Oh hes got cancer you can't see it shall I cut him open for you to look !

So nope no embarrassment
You need it
Use it
Theyre not easy to get so you deserve it
Rusty74

Post by Rusty74 »

GeeGee wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:00 pm
Rusty74 wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:19 pm well it came through the post today,so got to read up on the booklet that came with it for the do's and dont's,talking with the nurse i see yesterday in my hospital appiontment,said i feel embarised about it but she said use it when i need to and if i dont need it on a certain day then dont,which made me feel abit better and made sense as well tbh

No need for any embarrassment..you have this because you qualify for it..because you have a medical condition that says you need it ..simple ...
So use it ...it makes all the difference espically for hospital apps ..cant get a spot anywhere driving round for a hour to try park ..then walking forever to get there as you may as well left the car at home and walked anyhow you're so far away
It helps ...

The only embarrassing stuff we have had is that some people openly voice ..well HE looks OK doesn't he ...with huffs and even a old lass taking photos of car saying shes reporting us even though badge is in
True yorkshire gob comes out with me other half just smiles and wanders off as he knows whats coming

So nope no embarrassment
You need it
Use it
thanks for that GeeGee and yes your very right not all disability's are visable,so guess i might get abit of hassle when i use it but i will be ready for that,after all we are preppers lol
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

GeeGee wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:00 pm

It helps ...

So nope no embarrassment
You need it
Use it

Mrs a had one I get told off for gobbing off at the private citizen parking gastapo ....

Family friend lost her leg in a motorbike accident.. again younger woman in a little car draws the attention of the older man tutting loudly, glaring as she pulls In windows down . Gets out of the car top of her voice "tut all you want it won't make it fxxking grow back!'
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine