blue badge

Logistics and Transport
jansman

Re: blue badge

Post by jansman »

I have applied for one. I’ll get it. With my hat on,you would not see the scar on my head. I am a strong looking bloke. Therefore you cannot see the cancer in my head! I expect comments,I’ve heard them on the car park to badge holders . My wife is very aware of this too,as she deals with Ill children ,who don’t look it. You never know…
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Rusty74

Post by Rusty74 »

jansman wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:12 am I have applied for one. I’ll get it. With my hat on,you would not see the scar on my head. I am a strong looking bloke. Therefore you cannot see the cancer in my head! I expect comments,I’ve heard them on the car park to badge holders . My wife is very aware of this too,as she deals with Ill children ,who don’t look it. You never know…
im the same you where to look at me and you would think there is nothing wrong with me,plus im only 48 and look in good shape but on my really bad days im gasping to breath,cold weather dosent help so iv taken to wearing a face covering to keep the cold air out of my lungs,iv gone from a bloke who was on the go more than the duracell bunny to someone who can be knackered just walking up a flight of stairs,the days i need my badge i will use it the days i feel ok i anit gona bother,i bounce back i always do
Remember the rule of the 7 P's, proper planning and prepperation prevents piss poor performance...
jansman

Post by jansman »

Rusty74 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:52 pm
jansman wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:12 am I have applied for one. I’ll get it. With my hat on,you would not see the scar on my head. I am a strong looking bloke. Therefore you cannot see the cancer in my head! I expect comments,I’ve heard them on the car park to badge holders . My wife is very aware of this too,as she deals with Ill children ,who don’t look it. You never know…
im the same you where to look at me and you would think there is nothing wrong with me,plus im only 48 and look in good shape but on my really bad days im gasping to breath,cold weather dosent help so iv taken to wearing a face covering to keep the cold air out of my lungs,iv gone from a bloke who was on the go more than the duracell bunny to someone who can be knackered just walking up a flight of stairs,the days i need my badge i will use it the days i feel ok i anit gona bother,i bounce back i always do
I totally understand that Rusty.

Robert Frost.

Me.
steptoe

Post by steptoe »

Hey rusty like you looking at me you can not tell unless i am blacking out and hitting the floor , yes my walking gait has got much winder but the doc says that happens to someone with balance issues but again like you i bounce back , with your issues if it is breathing like my wife the asthma at this time of year the cold air can hit her lungs and she struggles to breath the masks can help slow the cold air intake .
Our blue badge when i first got it was a god send well still is on the bad days when i struggle to walk even getting to the back of the car to get on the scooter is hard , it was funny when i got my first scooter i would not use it until well i coudl not walk without falling and wanted ot go shopping so bad after months locked in so the wife took me to asda late at night to try and avoid people as i was embrassed by the scooter but well after the first go i was like holy ship the old 8uggers that have these have it made what a pleasure to go shopping lol , we now have 2 1 each for the wife and i and i can highly recommend if you get one go for the folding type we got the auto fold for the wife she just presses a button scooter unfolds no finger trapping .

Use the badge mate
Rusty74

Post by Rusty74 »

steptoe wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:25 pm
Hey rusty like you looking at me you can not tell unless i am blacking out and hitting the floor , yes my walking gait has got much winder but the doc says that happens to someone with balance issues but again like you i bounce back , with your issues if it is breathing like my wife the asthma at this time of year the cold air can hit her lungs and she struggles to breath the masks can help slow the cold air intake .
Our blue badge when i first got it was a god send well still is on the bad days when i struggle to walk even getting to the back of the car to get on the scooter is hard , it was funny when i got my first scooter i would not use it until well i coudl not walk without falling and wanted ot go shopping so bad after months locked in so the wife took me to asda late at night to try and avoid people as i was embrassed by the scooter but well after the first go i was like holy ship the old 8uggers that have these have it made what a pleasure to go shopping lol , we now have 2 1 each for the wife and i and i can highly recommend if you get one go for the folding type we got the auto fold for the wife she just presses a button scooter unfolds no finger trapping .

Use the badge mate
thanks mate i have used it for my hospital appointments saves me trying to walk miles away to get to the hospital
Remember the rule of the 7 P's, proper planning and prepperation prevents piss poor performance...
steptoe

Post by steptoe »

Rusty74 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:58 pm
thanks mate i have used it for my hospital appointments saves me trying to walk miles away to get to the hospital
[/quote]

Ypour right on the hoswpital mate , our's still use to charge to use the car park but it meant we could park close to the places ie the wife's arthritus clinic it is right outside but you still pay as i say , we had a few trips the other week over my pacemaker and went to pay at the auto machine thing and i read the sign as it had a sign revised on it and in very small print at the bottom blue badge holders free i mean in small print , you would think it should be at the top BLUE BADGE USERSW FREE but no at the bottom of a long list blue badge users free

go figure it was costing us huge amounts last year in o1 month i think we spent over £50 it soon adds up so now they are back to free well we broguth a veienetta i think it is spelt lol shhhhhhhhhhhhhh

glad you got it and just remember you don't need to do the fake limp now lol
Rusty74

Post by Rusty74 »

steptoe wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:30 pm
Rusty74 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:58 pm
Ypour right on the hoswpital mate , our's still use to charge to use the car park but it meant we could park close to the places ie the wife's arthritus clinic it is right outside but you still pay as i say , we had a few trips the other week over my pacemaker and went to pay at the auto machine thing and i read the sign as it had a sign revised on it and in very small print at the bottom blue badge holders free i mean in small print , you would think it should be at the top BLUE BADGE USERSW FREE but no at the bottom of a long list blue badge users free

go figure it was costing us huge amounts last year in o1 month i think we spent over £50 it soon adds up so now they are back to free well we broguth a veienetta i think it is spelt lol shhhhhhhhhhhhhh

glad you got it and just remember you don't need to do the fake limp now lol
[/quote]
cheers mate and i anit had a veienetta or artic roll in years there on the shopping list now lol
Jeffjones297

Post by Jeffjones297 »

I would benefit from a blue badge, I'm awaiting hip replacement and at times it's difficult.
But there's no way I'm begging help from Drs and assessors, I'd rather crawl across a gravel car park on my knees, than do that.
I've worked since 15 yrs until I retired, never unemployed, barely ever sick. At work (NHS nurse) I had the best sickness record of any mos on any unit I ever worked at.
I cancelled a hernia op because it was an awkward time of year for the unit, working through the pain and discomfort and when I finally had it, was back at work in record time.
It used to burn my piss, when the usual wasters and chancers, would go off sick with anything and everything.
I worked with one classic example, who managed to combine sickness, with courses and holidays, so he was barely if ever actually working lol 🤣

I considered working for the nhs as a nurse, a privilege. I retired as a manager and the stories I could tell you, of the quality (hohoho) and the personal standards of the staff, would rock your confidence. The general public have always had a rosy tinted view of health staff, that is to an extent misplaced and sadly has got worse as yrs passed.
My attitudes were the norm, when I joined in 1980, older staff would soon sort you out, if you were lazy, or taking the piss. These days everyone's playing the game and working their ticket and if you try to correct poor standards, YOU get in trouble. Both my daughters are nurses and they're similar to me thank God. My deceased wife was worse than me if anything lol. The most caring woman you ever met, for the patients and a bloody nightmare of a ward sister, if you were inept or a waster mos lol.

Rant over, so no blue badge for me, walking is good for you. I had a salutory lesson the other day when I was moaning about my hip. The guy four doors down, got out of his converted car on his knee stumps, crawled up his path on knee pads and let himself in his front door ! Life often reminds us, we aren't the centre of the universe.

So work your ticket, you know your worth it "L'Oreal"
jansman

Post by jansman »

Jeffjones297 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:15 am I would benefit from a blue badge, I'm awaiting hip replacement and at times it's difficult.
But there's no way I'm begging help from Drs and assessors, I'd rather crawl across a gravel car park on my knees, than do that.
I've worked since 15 yrs until I retired, never unemployed, barely ever sick. At work (NHS nurse) I had the best sickness record of any mos on any unit I ever worked at.
I cancelled a hernia op because it was an awkward time of year for the unit, working through the pain and discomfort and when I finally had it, was back at work in record time.
It used to burn my piss, when the usual wasters and chancers, would go off sick with anything and everything.
I worked with one classic example, who managed to combine sickness, with courses and holidays, so he was barely if ever actually working lol 🤣

I considered working for the nhs as a nurse, a privilege. I retired as a manager and the stories I could tell you, of the quality (hohoho) and the personal standards of the staff, would rock your confidence. The general public have always had a rosy tinted view of health staff, that is to an extent misplaced and sadly has got worse as yrs passed.
My attitudes were the norm, when I joined in 1980, older staff would soon sort you out, if you were lazy, or taking the piss. These days everyone's playing the game and working their ticket and if you try to correct poor standards, YOU get in trouble. Both my daughters are nurses and they're similar to me thank God. My deceased wife was worse than me if anything lol. The most caring woman you ever met, for the patients and a bloody nightmare of a ward sister, if you were inept or a waster mos lol.

Rant over, so no blue badge for me, walking is good for you. I had a salutory lesson the other day when I was moaning about my hip. The guy four doors down, got out of his converted car on his knee stumps, crawled up his path on knee pads and let himself in his front door ! Life often reminds us, we aren't the centre of the universe.

So work your ticket, you know your worth it "L'Oreal"
Oh dear :( I am sorry I mentioned I had a blue badge because of my terminal brain cancer. Not being able to drive because of seizures was one reason getting it! Have a nice day.

Robert Frost.

Me.
Jeffjones297

Post by Jeffjones297 »

Like I say, life pulls you up short and there's always someone worse off.
Being in the care sector most of my adult life didn't make me heartless and I wasn't when I first joined and trained. But looking after the genuinely ill and needy makes you less tolerant, not more, of the chancers and lead swingers in life.
For every genuine blue badge holder, I'll wager there are 2-3 working their ticket.
You're obviously not.