What Preps are you doing this week? Part 10

How are you preparing
Yorkshire Andy

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 10

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

When you get to your destination there's a boyes store on kings street they have a offer on the gas cartridges if you need to restock
Screenshot_20231223-090813.png
Something like 10x for £15 and they are the "better" ones containing a butane/ propane mix which work better in cooler weather in the hardware/ car section

Hope you manage to have a good Christmas and boxing day swim in the north sea :o :shock: :mrgreen:

Consider getting your plumber to install one of these once you start the kitchen then no need to empty the cupboard under the sink get on your hands and knees trying to turn the stop cock you can bring it up above the worktop so no bending down to shut the water off just flick the switch...

https://www.screwfix.com/p/surestop-rem ... 15mm/48604

I would say call in for a brew as you pass but me, the wife (who's started popping paracetamol) and little man are full of cold / snot and you , especially your hubby doesn't want it .. might go paint a big red cross ❌ on the front door :mrgreen:
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Frnc

Post by Frnc »

Got a delivery of Clinel hand sanitizer wipes and Imodium. Updated the wipes in bugout bags. It's a shame they only come with about18 months, but it was only £6 for 100 and they are useful for all sorts of things like travelling or eating out anywhere. I keep the box next to the home first aid kit.

Checked the dates on my first aid spreadsheets, all in order.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

New folding solar panel

https://uk.renogy.com/renogy-100w-porta ... d_source=1

For my ecoflow since I used the panel I had on my shed .... Got it for £80 by stacking a few vouchers / nectar points on eBay it's coming from from renology themselves

Peter

Post by Peter »

We have a eco-flow folding panel initially bought for camping which has been very useful,
it’s now backup to our small fixed eco-flow 240w system.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Peter wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:03 pm We have a eco-flow folding panel initially bought for camping which has been very useful,
it’s now backup to our small fixed eco-flow 240w system.
I looked at the ecoflow saw the price of the 110w panel and err went "how much! " In my head £80 vs £200+
Screenshot_20231226-173233.png
Screenshot_20231226-183257.png

Peter

Post by Peter »

Eco-worthy are selling a system like mine (my permanent system), 2 x 120w panels, mounting brackets,
30A charge controller and leads for £189.99 ATM, I think this is a bargain. BTW I paid £120 for my folder.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Peter wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:00 pm Eco-worthy are selling a system like mine (my permanent system), 2 x 120w panels, mounting brackets,
30A charge controller and leads for £189.99 ATM, I think this is a bargain. BTW I paid £120 for my folder.
Ahh you said ecoflow above ecoflow make the jackery type power stations and price the accessories to match ;) they even command silly money for the solar to xt60 lead i made my own lead of for substantially less including buying the mc4 crimping tool :mrgreen: