So what's Santa fetched you this Christmas?

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Yorkshire Andy

So what's Santa fetched you this Christmas?

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Setting this up now before Santa arrives what shiny new kit has the big man dropped down the chimney?

Since I'm Santa I treated myself to a leather man oht which was at a price I couldn't refuse :lol:
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
pseudonym

Re: So what's Santa fetched you this Christmas?

Post by pseudonym »

Bah Humbug.... :twisted:
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Because the girls are living a rather ‘tight’ life right now. I insisted they buy * me* nothing . just themselves. However,wife set an absolute limit. Stuff means nothing! People do though. ;)

I got my lovely wife simple gloves, an outdoor hat, socks,and a cracking long furry hot water bottle. All upon her request. I must confess I got her some of her favourite perfume. I gave her that after getting out of hospital,just in case ,sort of thing!

Me, socks, lounge pants and a thin jumper ( I am a fan of thinner over wear) . And an aftershave.

Simple ,practical.and lovely. :D
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Frnc

Post by Frnc »

I've not bought anything. I'm skint after needing to re-roof on one side. Plus new boiler, kitchen sink and shower. My brother sent me a box with some beer, crisps and a glass. Sister doesn't usually bother but she says she has something for me. My mum has no money since my dad died, still waiting to get his pension, or part of it.

I did buy the clothes rail for the spare room. And some tree loppers. Both are prep items. Lopping the ivy was to get light and rain to the new spiky bushes at the end of the garden. The back wall is fairly low, and behind that is an area the public can go, so it's vulnerable. And someone at some time had leaned over and cut branches off the old spikey bush that is there!

I don't have much prep spending planned as I plan to get a decorator in to do half the house (not the bedrooms) and I'll probably need a new carpet for the stairs and landing. And I need to clear my overdraft from the roof job.
Nurseandy

Post by Nurseandy »

Opinel gardening knife here :-)
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Nurseandy wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:14 am Opinel gardening knife here :-)
Watch your fingers they are usually razor sharp keep an oily rag handy if it's carbon steel

Frnc

Post by Frnc »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 5:20 pm
Watch your fingers they are usually razor sharp keep an oily rag handy if it's carbon steel
A sharp knife is a safe knife, so they say. Sounds bonkers to me! Yes if it's carbon keep it dry.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Frnc wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 6:23 pm
Yorkshire Andy wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 5:20 pm
A sharp knife is a safe knife, so they say. Sounds bonkers to me! Yes if it's carbon keep it dry.
I opened my finger up in the shop looking at leather man's the blokes face was a look of shock ... Asked me no end of times if I was ok think he was worried bid out a claim in... My own fault I'm not that petty :lol: about 6 years ago I buried one in my thigh and ended up In hospital with the old bill arriving as the hospital reported a stabbing :shock:

steptoe

Post by steptoe »

Well santa borught just want i wanted lol peace and quiet

Now to the p[ressies i got the wife all the dvd's she has wanted and i got myself loads of goode=ies for the grab bags but i also got new long johns thermal i might add and lovely thermal under shirts so i am set .

As long as the wife smiles i am the happiest man alive and as she has a ton of choccies to munch through i am set for a happy life lol .

Next year will bring some struggles for us all but if i am honest i run to this site and have a read of the posts and know what a wealth of knowledge it holds

Stay safe and well all and have a wonderful christmas and as long as you have a belly full of brussel you knwo your on a winner to make someone suffer lol
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Kids got me booze and chocs and I'm fine :twisted: Chambord and chocolate make a really good breakfast, and now onto the Cointreau and chocs for supper.