Knitters

Considering, or completed a DIY prepper project? Made something using traditional methods? Post it here!
Arzosah

Re: Knitters

Post by Arzosah »

That's great news! That could be very profitable - a nice market around Valentines :) at the very least.
dizzydays

Post by dizzydays »

How did I not see this knitting thread?? Big knitter here :D
I can crochet but not often as it hurts my hands more than knitting (rheumatoid arthritis). I like knitting in the Icelandic/Norwegian wool but it's getting very difficult to get the Lopi now - I don't know what the problem is with their production.
Are you knitters on Ravelry?

DD
lowlander

Post by lowlander »

Re the Lopi wool; a couple of years or so ago they ran out of it completely in Iceland as tourists bought it all up. I appears on e-bay sometimes, but usually only the odd ball or two at a time, I've never seen a jumper quantity for sale. Lopi jumpers were hugely popular when I was at college in the 80s, I knitted several for friends, quick to knit up and great for the winter. I bought a few bits from e-bay recently and have knitted plant hangers with them; all sone, just need to sew in the ends and full them.
I'm on Ravelry, I love it, it's a great source of inspiration and groups if you like that sort of thing. I recently deleted my old account and have started again.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

I'm on Rav, and I knit Lopi as well. I haven't found any probs getting it but the colour choice can be iffy. It's fabulous light cosy wool.
dizzydays

Post by dizzydays »

I've been able to get Lopi online at wool warehouse until about a year or so ago. They've just started to get some blacks and greys in but there is normally a choice of over 40 colours so obviously there's a supply problem. I got 'Icelandic Knits, 18 Lopapeysa Sweaters' for Crimbo so I've been drooling over the pretty pictures :lol:
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

There's a Scots website that used to have it when nobody else did but I'm sorry I've forgotten what it's called! :roll:
lowlander

Post by lowlander »

Wool Warehouse has Lopi/Pllotulopi at £7.59 per 100g, good colour range. I use them quite often, can recommend them.
dizzydays

Post by dizzydays »

lowlander wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:07 pm Wool Warehouse has Lopi/Pllotulopi at £7.59 per 100g, good colour range. I use them quite often, can recommend them.
Thanks! I have used them a lot but waiting on the Lopi / Lettlopi. I might try one of the chunkier ones. Stock up on nice thick Icelandic wool and the global warming is sure to accelerate :lol: