Knitters

Considering, or completed a DIY prepper project? Made something using traditional methods? Post it here!
itsybitsy

Knitters

Post by itsybitsy »

And crocheters too, if we have any. :lol:

Anyone care to show us your WIPs? I will, once I've figured out how to upload photos (yes, sorry, I know it's shameful :lol: ).
diamond lil

Re: Knitters

Post by diamond lil »

I knit a lot but dont usually take pics, although I could dig some up maybe. Currently knitting for the local foodbank, mainly hats but some gloves.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

I don't really have any WIPs except a couple of things that look like long braids, imitation French knitting, which I'm now using to secure furushiki, the cloth wraps for Christmas presents. I'll photo them tomorrow :oops: right now I have one of a jumper I knitted, it must be 20 years ago. But I could never wear it, too scratchy for my weird skin. Nor did I want to sell it, I poured blood into that jumper :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol: So instead I gave it to a friend on moneysavingexpert forum, met up with her on a railway platform as I was travelling to London to work :roll:

Bear in mind that the multicoloured thing it has going on was the height of style in those days :lol:
Front of jumper resized.jpg
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Was it pure wool Arzosah? I love wool but cannot stand it touching me. I get itchy just knitting it :evil: esp the fabulous Icelandic stuff thats light & airy as feathers.
Here is Beeglie's latest handiwork :lol: That cat has a knack for getting herself into the limelight. She's clever! :mrgreen:
Attachments
AKNIT.jpg
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

My favourites, esp the Grim Squeaker. I did not knit the boy, only the jumpers he's wearing. Not a total masochist. :twisted:
Attachments
AKNIT2.jpg
AKNIT2.jpg (82.03 KiB) Viewed 816 times
AKNIT1.jpg
AKNIT3.jpg
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Exactly, it was! Unbearable.

I have a couple of balls of Icelandic and Norwegian wool ... I'll have a go, maybe.

Beeglie! Sweetie! Very clever, very proprietorial (the placement of that paw :lol: ). Loving the HWB on the cushion, Lil, and the sheep are genius.

Once I've done the wrapping, it's tax - I've already done quite a bit. And then, it will be gardening in the garden, and craft work in the house. If I don't do it, there's no point in slogging, it's what I want to do with a *bit* of my time, at any rate.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Just seen your next post too - ultra impressive. You knitted that mouse? Beautiful!

Glad you didn't knit the boy :lol:
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

I want to see itsy's hats, I bet they are gorgeous 8-)
Appin

Post by Appin »

Mrs Appin is a mad keen knitter/ crochet. Complete with huge stash of wool.

Currently she is doing crochet squares for blankets. The group she links into is called hugs in a blanket. They make personalised blankets for terminally or seriously ill children. They create the blankets using information about the child’s family. About 4,500 members in the group but they don’t have much on public display.

http://www.thefatedknitter.co.uk/hug-in-a-blanket/
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Appin wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:44 pm Mrs Appin is a mad keen knitter/ crochet. Complete with huge stash of wool.

Currently she is doing crochet squares for blankets. The group she links into is called hugs in a blanket. They make personalised blankets for terminally or seriously ill children. They create the blankets using information about the child’s family. About 4,500 members in the group but they don’t have much on public display.

http://www.thefatedknitter.co.uk/hug-in-a-blanket/
How lovely. That's a really positive contribution to the world.