Side hustles

For all things financial
Frnc

Re: Side hustles

Post by Frnc »

When I was about 40 I learned a trade and went self employed. I also did laminate flooring for a while as well, as a sideline.
One unusual job I got was a work of art in a school. The kids had done the art and I had to build something to mount it all on. It wan't a cabinet or anything, was an outdoor thing made from brick, and sand and cement.
Biggest job I got was the most expensive apartment in my area, huge place. Was there for months.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Not that I've ever done it, but one of my lodgers was a life model - there are surprisingly few people willing to strip off completely so a score of strangers can inspect their bits :lol:
Frnc

Post by Frnc »

Arzosah wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:46 pm Not that I've ever done it, but one of my lodgers was a life model - there are surprisingly few people willing to strip off completely so a score of strangers can inspect their bits :lol:
Not had one of those. I did have a tattoo artist who's snoring sounded like a whale being killed. Nice bloke but that was terrible. Now I knew why he wasn't living with his gf.
Vitamin c

Post by Vitamin c »

If you have a clean sheet with cops , get a sia doormans licence it's good money cash in hand you can also use it to do out door events , gigs , raves , conferences.
I did it for years best time of my life if young enough I would not hesitate to do it again.
Fill er up jacko...
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

I did decorate my daughter's room when she was about seven . Well I've done it since then but back a decade I painted a princess , flowers , birds and trees on the wall and made the cupboards look like a fantasy castle. I had a few people say that I should advertise and decorate other kids rooms but I really didn't think the market was there for what I would have had to charge so I never bothered. It's probably a niche market as most just want a house or room walloped out with magnolia or grey nowadays.
I , well a few friends and I , did discuss an idea some years ago. Not illegal by any means , immoral maybe as it "used" people's sexual kinks and would have had a very good income for little outlay and virtually no work but in the end we bottled out or couldn't be bother , one or the other or both.
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

jansman wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:32 am I try to work less now. Our way of life means our expenditures are less now. I suppose my hustles are about not spending money,if that makes sense? So if we have food from the garden,it’s food we don’t buy, firewood I acquire on the way home ,then it’s heating for free. ( picking stuff up is ALWAYS on the way back from somewhere- never a trip of its own.) After a lifetime of physical graft,I do as little as possible now.

For those making money on the side,then good luck and we’ll done! ;)
Didn't you talk of selling your rabbits recently? That would count.
jansman

Post by jansman »

grenfell wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:49 pm
jansman wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:32 am I try to work less now. Our way of life means our expenditures are less now. I suppose my hustles are about not spending money,if that makes sense? So if we have food from the garden,it’s food we don’t buy, firewood I acquire on the way home ,then it’s heating for free. ( picking stuff up is ALWAYS on the way back from somewhere- never a trip of its own.) After a lifetime of physical graft,I do as little as possible now.

:lol: :lol: That’s not graft though. That’s what I like to do,so it doesn’t ( for me) class as work.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

jansman wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:17 pm

:lol: :lol: That’s not graft though. That’s what I like to do,so it doesn’t ( for me) class as work.
That's the best sort of side hustle though , income with no or very little work , physical work , involved. You'll never get rich grafting...
jansman

Post by jansman »

grenfell wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:27 pm
jansman wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:17 pm

That's the best sort of side hustle though , income with no or very little work , physical work , involved. You'll never get rich grafting...
After my recent illness,and my wife’s particularly,along with what it seems will be a sh*t pension,I ain’t doing anymore than I have to. I have never been lazy ,but now I need to ease off. ;)
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Fitted a set of parking sensors on a car this weekend. For a friend of the brother in law My charge 18 tins of Stella only took me about an hour ... Beer is currency but not in the cash in hand way.. I'd have bought a case on Saturday evening anyway so it equates to a quick £15 less out of my account plus he's going to russle up a big curry (he is a Indian chap) tomorrow win win :P

Before the wife / kids I'd do all sorts on a weekend from electricians mate to a bit of landscape / cutting grass / hedges for family friends but sometimes I couldn't bear to take much money off some older people. usually ended up with a few mugs of tea and a tupaware of cakes :lol: :mrgreen:

Those with money I avoided as it's took forever to get any money out of them a couple are on my eternal blacklist some still owe me now and15/ 20 years later I've not forgotten
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine