Antibiotics

Medical and Healthcare
space.gamer

Antibiotics

Post by space.gamer »

Hi, quick question. Does anyone have any good tips on getting a small stash of antibiotics such as Amoxicillin? I can’t go to the Dr with a pretend chest infection very easily and I can’t get them over the counter. Likewise, I’m not sure how trustworthy some of these online chemists are where you may be able to get some (or do you have any recommendations?). I don’t really have any friends or family that have some unused antibiotics laying around either.

Thanks in advance.
Yorkshire Andy

Re: Antibiotics

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Legally no

From the antibiotic resistance due to over use . No

Got a foreign trip planned? Sometimes you can get them to Cary as part of a foreign trip medical kit from a legitimate online supplier but often the shelf life is very short eg:

https://www.anytimedoctor.co.uk/onlined ... dipac.html
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
izzy_mack

Post by izzy_mack »

me too! I would love to have a stash of antibiotics but can't find a way to do it. The only suggestion I have is to research alternatives. Manuka honey or indeed any honey is a useful alternative for some things. Garlic, tea tree oil, tumeric spring to mind but any herbal will give you ideas. okay it's not going to be as easy, quick or assured as chemical meds but needs must -
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

It's to be discouraged, of course. Illegal and inappropriate. But I share your interest.

It used to be that FishMox Forte was readily available, which was the exact same as human amoxicillin. It sometimes pops up on US amazon and ebay, but you are unlikely to get the genuine product. Lots of fraud!
My US acquaintance tells me that it's prescription only even for her.

Covid lockdown was handy in a way, where Doctors were doing phone consultations and were able to prescribe for a recurring 'Water infection'. But he needed reminding which treatments I'd had before and which antibiotics 'usually do the trick', which strangely enough was amoxicillin.
Covid was a bad time for 'down below'... genuinely! :)

You'll be hard pressed to find an online pharmacy that will help you. I have one for some prescription creams, but they don't offer what you need.

If you can borrow a manky dog with an ear infection, he might have more luck getting them.

Post apocalypse, you can get them from most pharmacies and some old peoples' homes by nipping round with your bumpkeys and jemmy. :lol:
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
steptoe

Post by steptoe »

I am look at other herbal antibiotics there are many books on it and the big companies do not want you to know , i will see if i can share the book on here if anyone wants it , i am looking because most antibitoics reacted badly with my body and other meds , long story but i take a fair few and well my body is shot because of a brain injury and not working well these days lol .

I do have the book on the lappy as i am stuck in bed for now due to a collapse so if i can upload to anyone you are welcome to a copy

Jenny do you drink plenty of water and cranberry juice

bugger it is on my kindle account the books is by mary jones and it is well worth a read
How to Pick and Use the 45 Most Powerful Herbal Antibiotics for Overcoming Any Ailment By Mary Jones

Jones, Mary. Herbal Antibiotics: What BIG Pharma Doesn’t Want You to Know - How to Pick and Use the 45 Most Powerful Herbal Antibiotics for Overcoming Any Ailment (p. 1). Herbal Medicine. Kindle Edition.
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

steptoe wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:38 am i will see if i can share the book on here if anyone wants it

bugger it is on my kindle account the books is by mary jones and it is well worth a read
How to Pick and Use the 45 Most Powerful Herbal Antibiotics for Overcoming Any Ailment By Mary Jones

Jones, Mary. Herbal Antibiotics: What BIG Pharma Doesn’t Want You to Know - How to Pick and Use the 45 Most Powerful Herbal Antibiotics for Overcoming Any Ailment (p. 1). Herbal Medicine. Kindle Edition.
The book is on that certain 'free' book sharing site, for anyone that disrespects copyrite.
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Vitamin c

Post by Vitamin c »

The last few times iv used amoxalin its done nothing for me .
Personally I would not put in stores .
Fill er up jacko...
GeeGee

Post by GeeGee »

I read in the times that the powers that be whoever they are are suggesting substitution of antibiotics for honey
We all know its got healing properties but believe me when my cystitis comes on and I'm doubled up thinking razor blades are coming out of me I need the antibiotics for them
Fortunately my gp is really good and prescribes them in front so I usually have a box of them in
The usual cranberry , honey whatever just doesn't help for that but has its uses for other stuff coughs colds etc
If people have stuff on repeat you can tend to get ahead by ordering a week before theyre due but I think in a SHTF situation I'd probably be the first one down to the pharmacy looking for the cystitis tabs 😂
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

You guys make the good point that our emergency supplies should have the simple meds that make life liveable. Beyond antibiotics and diarolyte, immodium etc, we might forget cold sore ointment, canneston, athlete's foot treatments and good old sore bum cream. All things that might flair up in the stress of teotwawki

steptoe

Post by steptoe »

jennyjj01 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:07 am
steptoe wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:38 am i will see if i can share the book on here if anyone wants it

The book is on that certain 'free' book sharing site, for anyone that disrespects copyrite.
I don't know that site lol wink jenny any chance you could pm .

Also your right to many forget all the other things we need we are just revamping our meds box i like to think we have most stuff and i have even gone to a surgical kit not that we coudl use it but someone in a power out may be a doctor or nurse and need the tools of the trade , we have dental stuff to because my wife wasa dental nurse and can fix a tooth to the point sealed and less sensitive m i recon givend my dremel and al lthe carving bits i have she could even do other stuff in a real life or death tooth problem .the dentist did comment on last trip that the filling she had replaced was better fitted than some dentisl do lol .