What Preps are you doing this week? Part 9

How are you preparing
jansman

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 9

Post by jansman »

steptoe wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:05 pm
diamond lil wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:41 pm I'm very busy with essential preps. Sampling the new year bottle (ok halfway through it) but well - it might have been off! I had to check!
It is funny you have to check the very bottom of the bottle as that is the bit that can go bad first lol
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Well ,it’s almost 2023. Normally we re - jig this thread for the coming time. Or rather one of the clever ones in the Mod Team. :lol:

So prepping for Jansman,and Jan! Well, I am a poorly man now. Not unfit though. Right now my head hurts ,is swollen and bruised and only happened 36 hours ago. They’ve taken away the worst,and will talk later about further treatment to extend life. I won’t comment upon the length as frankly it could be shorter or even longer. It will be what it will be. One huge preparation has been calmness and attitude.Not 100% of the time,but damned close! It makes a difference I can assure you.Frankly,there are guys in here SO physically ill that I don’t feel so bad! Some of them are so poorly and bed - bound ,and only 40 to 60+.I am in that group ( bigger number :lol: ) but I am independent,walking and ok otherwise.That’s my situation,the one that spells out my Prepping ,and that’s this place ,isn’t it?

Only a month ago ,it was.normal stocking up etc. And the reason? Emergencies. ;) Well this is now The Emergency. My reason for being here ,and by God Himself,an emergency. Now it’s cash - in time.

Always stocked and stored,got skills, watched the news, thought forward and planned. From the start of marriage and children my ONLY simple ambition was to buy the house. Pay it off. My work was hard. Physically hard,and latterly ,stressed too. I’d sooner lift a lamb than Pratt about with computers and stupid bosses! Stress was my nightmare. The pay though. Always ‘Medium’, so my livestock,allotments small business of gardening,repairing were important to get by whilst Jan looked after the kids - the proper way. ;) But one way and another we PAID the house outright. It was a massive relief financially ,as it gave us security! That really was the Big One for us.

The irony was that I started working for a guy who paid highly. A reason though.He’s a git! Typically a medium business,and knows more than you. I didn’t say everything,as my Union told me pay is now their jurisdiction. Another prep- their problem,and my benefit. And that is where this week’s prep will head. This week.

We cleared my wife’s lovely car debt. The only one after mortgage we EVER had. I cannot drive now ,so we sold mine ( well,my daughter did as it’s her trade) . Some left over too. So now ZERO debt. A massive and stress- free feeling ,we can tell you. Looking at charities like MacMillans ,finance and that debt are a real issue for many Ill people. Not us. So that’s a Good Prep this week. Done! The next prep will be letters from the health team to push forwards towards me claiming.

No politics. The System allows for acceleration of benefits payments PIP and all that. I have worked hard, and this is payback time. Once claiming starts running ,I cash in my private pension in full and tax free. Then a large life insurance. That all happens when I get the grade of my illness officially,which will be within the week. Good. That is Prepping for my wife this week. I have the relief that she is comfortable- it does my mind good.

So back to the basic stuff. Once my head takes a less smashed feel,I should get back to my fitness and flexibility,although I have to take it steady! Whilst able I shall sort our shopping and the likes,and getting us forward. Paperwork.Keeps my mind working and helps us. Moved the fowls on too. Less physical work.Wife won’t have a problem when the worst comes. Perennial garden. Less physical work, and that helps our little economy.

So that’s our Real Prepping strategy this week. For a Real Emergency. Sleep is poor in hospital,and looking at the clock now ,a month ago I would have been up for work! :( So I’ll get a couple of hours now . I probably won’t offer much advice and stuff from now ,as I don’t waste personal time anymore ,but I am here. Take care all xx

Robert Frost.

Me.
steptoe

Post by steptoe »

jansman wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 4:00 am
Hi mate and gm lol yup i like you suffer headaches mine was from a stupid one to many hits to the head that damaged the brain , but i will not whine i was the one with out a hard hat and i take it .
Now to why i am typing to you on here mate you will face hard hard battles in this fight but if you ever need a kick in the backside and your wife does not want to bend over mate i will , i promise you everyone here will push kick pull drag you in this fight ,your right to try and stop jan fro mthe stress but in truth my wife was told many times get in he is not going to see the morning and then next day i was still there , you have it right mate you got ot fight and like isay somedays the pain will make you want to give in but then the next day when it easies off you will say what a fool i was yesterday , i could go on and on about pain mate and it does get you down but again anytime you need help shout out everyone here will push you on , on the money front mate don't stress as you say what will be will be and as to the benifits mate you have to push them it took me 3 years and court battles to get my money do not let them brush you off ok you must get all you should liek you i always paid in and when i needed help well you have to push for it ,you make sure you get it ok it does help not having to think on the money front so much but if i am honest when i was at my sickest in truth i said hey if i ain't got it you can't take it .
If you need to chat again you can use pm if that helps and or just rant on here again many will listen we can not put your problems right or wave that magic wand but sometimes talking to a stranger helps someone outside of family and friend it is funny you can say more to a stranger than you would a friend for fear they may take it wrong .
If you get down with the pain mate i know that one only to well and again if you need to moan about that happy to listen again just getting it off your chest helps and also telling it to someone who knows pain helps to , do not think you are fighting alone you might be the one in the battle but you have the whole platoon pushing you from here i am sure .
Well mate sorry to ramble but again you fight mate and we will all fight with you ok and on the days when you want to quit i will say bend over i will kick you , in truth my kick that got m through was a young man in the bed opposite mine just a head on a bed and he could do nothing but blink and he was fighting and i sat on my bed and just said to myself right i can walk and talk so get your backside in gear and stop feeling sorry for myself it help me , i may have been wheelchair bound at the time but i got home and like you have said being home can help you fight to .

Ok i will leave it at that and just say if you need an ear happy to listen well type lol
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

So glad to see your long post above, jansman - and some sage words there from steptoe too. I hadn't realised you were facing the operation just now, or how big it was. I hate the thought of you going through all this - as you say, its The Emergency, and you're absolutely right that positive attitude is the most important thing.

Money is sorted, you're debt free, that's good. And there are accelerated benefits you can claim? Good! Of course that's not politics. You've paid in, and now you need to claim, and by the rules you're entitled to all of it.

I hope you get out of there really soon, so you can catch up on your sleep, it's notorious in hospital. Do come on here as and when you feel like it, but like you say, taking the time to give advice isn't on for you any more, nor any behind the scenes stuff of modding work, please! We/I - we're just interested in how you're doing. You and Jan.

All the best.
jansman

Post by jansman »

steptoe wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 6:09 am
jansman wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 4:00 am
Hi mate and gm lol yup i like you suffer headaches mine was from a stupid one to many hits to the head that damaged the brain , but i will not whine i was the one with out a hard hat and i take it .
Now to why i am typing to you on here mate you will face hard hard battles in this fight but if you ever need a kick in the backside and your wife does not want to bend over mate i will , i promise you everyone here will push kick pull drag you in this fight ,your right to try and stop jan fro mthe stress but in truth my wife was told many times get in he is not going to see the morning and then next day i was still there , you have it right mate you got ot fight and like isay somedays the pain will make you want to give in but then the next day when it easies off you will say what a fool i was yesterday , i could go on and on about pain mate and it does get you down but again anytime you need help shout out everyone here will push you on , on the money front mate don't stress as you say what will be will be and as to the benifits mate you have to push them it took me 3 years and court battles to get my money do not let them brush you off ok you must get all you should liek you i always paid in and when i needed help well you have to push for it ,you make sure you get it ok it does help not having to think on the money front so much but if i am honest when i was at my sickest in truth i said hey if i ain't got it you can't take it .
If you need to chat again you can use pm if that helps and or just rant on here again many will listen we can not put your problems right or wave that magic wand but sometimes talking to a stranger helps someone outside of family and friend it is funny you can say more to a stranger than you would a friend for fear they may take it wrong .
If you get down with the pain mate i know that one only to well and again if you need to moan about that happy to listen again just getting it off your chest helps and also telling it to someone who knows pain helps to , do not think you are fighting alone you might be the one in the battle but you have the whole platoon pushing you from here i am sure .
Well mate sorry to ramble but again you fight mate and we will all fight with you ok and on the :days when you want to quit i will say bend over i will kick you , in truth my kick that got m through was a young man in the bed opposite mine just a head on a bed and he could do nothing but blink and he was fighting and i sat on my bed and just said to myself right i can walk and talk so get your backside in gear and stop feeling sorry for myself it help me , i may have been wheelchair bound at the time but i got home and like you have said being home can help you fight to .

Ok i will leave it at that and just say if you need an ear happy to listen well type lol
Thanks mate. All of the above! 👍

As said,I will still prepare,but in a gentle way. That way I guess is USING the preps! :D The reason for doing it.

So keep going members ,those emergencies , whatever they are,are why we do this. ;) Take care. X

Robert Frost.

Me.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Yer so right steptoe, this is a well known problem (re the bottom of a bottle ) and you gotta be careful!
jansman

Post by jansman »

Arzosah wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:31 am So glad to see your long post above, jansman - and some sage words there from steptoe too. I hadn't realised you were facing the operation just now, or how big it was. I hate the thought of you going through all this - as you say, its The Emergency, and you're absolutely right that positive attitude is the most important thing. :D

Money is sorted, you're debt free, that's good. And there are accelerated benefits you can claim? Good! Of course that's not politics. You've paid in, and now you need to claim, and by the rules you're entitled to all of it.

I hope you get out of there really soon, so you can catch up on your sleep, it's notorious in hospital. Do come on here as and when you feel like it, but like you say, taking the time to give advice isn't on for you any more, nor any behind the scenes stuff of modding work, please! We/I - we're just interested in how you're doing. You and Jan.

All the best.
Hi Arzosah. :D All of the above. I’ll be getting home today for sure. Cannot wait. As said ,my planning will set our ‘system ‘ in line. Got to keep active. I am as fit as a flea,and the only one walking,marching, up and down the corridor!

Whilst possible,I’ll comment,but another prep is avoiding aggro. Most important. Just chatted with a chap my age with similar problems. Same attitude and humour. You know what? We had a five minute laugh and feel better than imagined! That’ll do! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Take care x

Robert Frost.

Me.
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

Not sure if it really qualifies as prepping as such but having a bit of time off work ( partly christmas , partly awful weather) has given me time to get several jobs knocked off the list , clearing a neglected part of the garden I'd used for storage , cutting and stacking wood that's been lying around for a while along with repairs to stuff and general tidying up.
jansman

Post by jansman »

grenfell wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 12:21 pm Not sure if it really qualifies as prepping as such but having a bit of time off work ( partly christmas , partly awful weather) has given me time to get several jobs knocked off the list , clearing a neglected part of the garden I'd used for storage , cutting and stacking wood that's been lying around for a while along with repairs to stuff and general tidying up.
That is prepping alright. Time off work is important for peace of mind for sure.

Robert Frost.

Me.