What Preps are you doing this week? Part 7.

How are you preparing
diamond lil

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 7.

Post by diamond lil »

Forecast for me is very cold end of March then very cold April. :evil: Again. Spring seems to be getting colder and later every year.
jansman

Post by jansman »

diamond lil wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:50 pm Forecast for me is very cold end of March then very cold April. :evil: Again. Spring seems to be getting colder and later every year.
Ha ha!damned cold. Just had a call from the gaffer. I have been ‘furloughed’. Tax man will pay me... yeah right! Been offered a job , waiting for a call.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Hope it's a good one!
ukpreppergrrl

Post by ukpreppergrrl »

Potted up me tomato seedlings. I don't think I'm going to have much time this year to care for much in the way of veggies, so I've decided to concentrate on one veg that I know I can grow fairly easily, and I know I will eat. :D
Blog: http://ukpreppergrrl.wordpress.com
التَكْرَارُ يُعَلِّمُ الحِمارَ "Repetition teaches the donkey" Arabic proverb
"A year from now you may wish you had started today" Karen Lamb
peejay

Post by peejay »

jansman wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:32 pm
diamond lil wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:50 pm Forecast for me is very cold end of March then very cold April. :evil: Again. Spring seems to be getting colder and later every year.
Ha ha!damned cold. Just had a call from the gaffer. I have been ‘furloughed’. Tax man will pay me... yeah right! Been offered a job , waiting for a call.
And I wonder who your boss thinks will be re-filling the tax mans coffers next year? He will! Along with the rest of us.

Clearly there's little choice for anything but all these measures, but the next round of "austerity" is going to make the last decade look like a walk in the park...

As it happens my current contract has suddenly taken a drastic turn - from a promise of a 6 month renewal to potentially finishing on 31st so currently justifying why they should keep me on for a least a month or two..
Bosworth

Post by Bosworth »

peejay wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:05 pm
jansman wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:32 pm
And I wonder who your boss thinks will be re-filling the tax mans coffers next year? He will! Along with the rest of us.

Clearly there's little choice for anything but all these measures, but the next round of "austerity" is going to make the last decade look like a walk in the park...

As it happens my current contract has suddenly taken a drastic turn - from a promise of a 6 month renewal to potentially finishing on 31st so currently justifying why they should keep me on for a least a month or two..
In my opinion there won’t be austerity. There will be massive quantitative easing and perhaps even direct monetary injection.

This means inflation and currency collapse.

For me, this is the bigger issue which will eclipse current noise around covid-19.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Whatever form the financial sh*t storm takes, it won’t be pretty, that’s for sure.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

I'm very late trying to organise the veg garden and I cannot get seeds at all, unless at silly prices. Sellers on ebay asking £4 postage for a pkt of seeds :shock: All the sites I usually go to like Realseeds are closed until they catch up. Everything is out of stock. Starting to panic now because meat is already scarce, now no veg either :shock:
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

diamond lil wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:21 am I'm very late trying to organise the veg garden and I cannot get seeds at all, unless at silly prices. Sellers on ebay asking £4 postage for a pkt of seeds :shock: All the sites I usually go to like Realseeds are closed until they catch up. Everything is out of stock. Starting to panic now because meat is already scarce, now no veg either :shock:
Sorry to hear that Lil :( can you look at seeds for sprouting? The other thing is, even normal 500g packs of lentils or whatever - they can sprout too. If they're inside the house, there's no season when they can't be grown, they're secure from thievery, you can grow portion sized amounts, and there's no physical labour involved. Better to have food in your garden as well, of course - I know you don't like (loathe :mrgreen: ) the "K" word, but chard might do. My lemon balm is perennial. Good luck.
cbp125

Post by cbp125 »

diamond lil wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:21 am I'm very late trying to organise the veg garden and I cannot get seeds at all, unless at silly prices. Sellers on ebay asking £4 postage for a pkt of seeds :shock: All the sites I usually go to like Realseeds are closed until they catch up. Everything is out of stock. Starting to panic now because meat is already scarce, now no veg either :shock:
Sorry I posted on another thread then read this one, hopefully they will be open again soon