New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
Spike_Polite

Post by Spike_Polite » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:08 pm

Hello fellow preppers, I'm new to the site. I have written a long introduction as to why and what I'm preparing for. These are my beliefs and I advise people to do their own research to know what you are prepping for.

Prepping is a natural thing to do even nature prepares itself squirrels bury nuts preparing for winter while others build up fat ready for hibernation, preparing is natural.
I am disabled and live in a tower block on the edge of town. I am not able to bug out though I know it may become a possibility one for which I am prepared.
I lived in Japan with my wife and will never forget the 11th of March and the months after I was lucky to have married into such a family as I did, getting supplies to the local people only needed a word from my father in law but I was shown how fast such a advanced community can be thrown into complete chaos.

Now I am back in the UK without family and I will be prepared for what is happening. As preppers I thought more people would be aware that we are now into a Sun solar minimum which started 2012 which could become the new ice age lasting for 1000 years published in a paper by Dr. Habibullo Abdussamatov.
http://www.climatedepot.com/2016/10/28/ ... s-started/

Or look at "The Oppenheimer Ranch Project" "Adapt" on youtube and get links to many pages warning of about what is happening. This about Sun spots or moreover the lack of them we rely on the Sun for our weather and when it misbehaves BOOM! so does our planet's weather (Not just us Mars and Jupiter are also being affected). We know these things happen on cyclical event the Earth is now the coldest it has ever been BOOM!.

What happens before a grand solar minimum
Back in 1988 a BBC documentary was taken of air due to what was said in the documentry, below is a link to that.
We will start to see strange cloud formations and patterns, unseasonable weather, more extreme weather, increased volcanic activity and the advancement of glaciers and of course fewer and fewer Sunspots until we have none which is now, you can tick the boxes on all of those and then shout BOOM!.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGUMqBB ... 9&index=26

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v66SPT ... -iZ5bp7Wb9

This year has seen many volcanoes erupting BOOM!, raging fires, frost and snow in May and June, floods and huge hail and massive thunderstorms MEGABOOM! Our crops have been badly damaged and food prices will rise and when the same happens again next year by the summer of next year people could be rioting for food civil unrest will follow. Homes broken into not for TVs and luxury items but for food. By 2020 famines will start due to malnutrition, this could last for 10 years or a 1000 years are you prepared? BOOM! no your not, try chewing on your gold or silver bars when there is no food to buy and you have not eaten for days.

The UK government is not prepared anything apart from intervening in other countries affairs and wasting taxpayers money. and the safe evacuation of all those people who let us down mainly themselves. They want to make sure we have a continuation of a diabolical government that left it's people to die my advice to them is don't come back you will not be welcome.

My prepping mainly consisted of food which will now increase dramatically, medication, books covering a range of topics needed, water containers, I have water purification for later when my supply runs out so I feel I am alright for water, self/home defence and hunting.
Knowing what I'm prepping for I know what I'm buying. I just got my GEN III extreme Cold / Wet Weather Rain Jacket and pants - ECWCS Level 6, a 5 layer system good to -30, a pair of Bunny boots good to -40 thats all my main cold weather gear taken care of. I know I can go outside in extreme cold to hunt and scavenge knowing anyone else outside will be near hyperthermia and of no risk to me.

I have many food seeds vacuum sealed and kept refrigerated. Now I am looking at indoor growing systems for quick growing food crops but that's for only as long as the power lasts, I will invest in good solar panels and the equipment needed but even that may become useless when the Sun goes to sleep. I look for books on wild growing food like nettles, dandelions, currents, berries, mushrooms in what's left of our countryside but it still has a lot to offer in free food.

Stay safe

jansman

Re: New member

Post by jansman » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:26 pm

Well thanks for imparting your superior knowledge and wisdom.We may as well pack up and go home! I have read your post,and I could easily have disapproved it.However,if you join us with a little humility and a little less superiority,you will be accepted.

I must advise you though,that your links are decidedly ' conspiracy theory' material and are certainly not allowed here.
Two things are infinite: The Universe, and Human Stupidity; I'm not sure about the Universe.Albert Einstein.

Deeps

Post by Deeps » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:34 pm

Um. Welcome I guess.

Arzosah

Post by Arzosah » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:44 pm

Hello Spike, welcome to the forum. I confess, I thought you were going to be a Buffy the Vampire Slayer fan, with an internet name like that, sorry!

Anyway ... I'd be interested to hear about your experiences in Japan around the earthquake/tsunami, and how it affected the community you were a part of.

As for prepping now, yes, good advice to do your own research - since quite a few on here are facing health problems (including me) I'm wondering, as you describe yourself as disabled, how you'll cope with self defence, hunting etc. Do you have a system you use, like krav maga?

I hope you find some interesting topics on here.
My blog: http://www.preparednessfactandfiction.co.uk/
There are affiliate links to Amazon in this blog.

Spike_Polite

Post by Spike_Polite » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:01 pm

I think I'm in the wrong place here and I don't seek anyone's acceptance. If you felt offended by the way I came across in my post I apologise to you and anyone else. I stated these were my personal beliefs and motivation for prepping which is somewhere in the title of this forum. Science is not a conspiracy theory but the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behaviour of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment, that's what I heard on infowars :lol:

peejay

Post by peejay » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:20 pm

Deeps wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:34 pm

Um. Welcome I guess.
:lol: The GIF king never disappoints ;)

peejay

Post by peejay » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:23 pm

Sorry, couldn't resist...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8L3OHbhpXU[/youtube]

Deeps

Post by Deeps » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:38 pm

peejay wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:23 pm
Sorry, couldn't resist...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8L3OHbhpXU[/youtube]
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Never watched it but I'm aware of it. That lad is um... interesting. :tinfoil

Spike_Polite

Post by Spike_Polite » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:53 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spike_Polite

Post by Spike_Polite » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:25 am

:?:
Last edited by Spike_Polite on Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.