Build your own emergency power/light system no skills needed

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
steptoe

Re: Build your own emergency power/light system no skills needed

Post by steptoe »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:05 pm We do generally stay away from fire arms and weapons i
In as it soon descends into chaos and bordering on legalitys be it someone putting a box spring and
or shimming it to go beyond 12ft lb without a fac or poaching for examples

Obviously if someone is after genuine assistance we will permit it within reason we do have members and moderators who shoot in various forms. I used to do a lot of farm pest control but 3 kids / work / life gets in the way now the wife doesn't like the idea of me vanishing for a weekend lumping her with triple trouble :lol:

I like the random collection of kit approach take stoves a selection of type doesn't hurt if you can't get one cartridge type chances are you can get another somewhere in town or fuel be it Coleman white gas / petrol / paraffin / bio ethanol / chaffing gell / wood depending on what stove/s you have :geek:

As for the emp risk I don't let that one bother me too much as if that happens keeping my phone in a tin box won't matter as there will be no phone network running for example most basic battery kit will survive unless it's a huge event biggest reason to have some form of faraday box / tin/ pouch is to shield your car keys from the X box generation of car thieves who emulate the signal your car key is emitting to enter and start your car as for the pacemaker most are designed to resist damage from a defibrillator so should stand up to a random electric pulse

Source :Screenshot_20220909-232045.png
Thanks for the heads up , yes i know what you mean on people wanting to over power weapons but i always say you can make air rifles well over power but if you do you will not hit a barn door with it , a soft smoot haction of around 10ft pounds will do far better than something over , it is funny the wife and i are both fac she had never held a gun before taking me to a range i use to shoot as a kid lost it for years then due to health reason had to find a hobby to help me relax lol went to a range and the guys talked the wife in to having a go lol she was holding her first 2 cards lol both bulls and there was me trying to keep it in the black lol .
Thanks for the welcome on to the site i do have some great stove old chalwyns singles and doubles , a rippingilles oven stove combi , and as i say a few new type stoves lol , like you say you are sure to be able to cook on one or the other .
Our car is to old to have those type of keys but i do know what you mean to the signal booster type , that is why i am very security minded there is always someone that thinks they can just take it , we got burgaled a few years back hit my garage and stoel all our petrol powered stuff rotovators strimmers to name a few plus a lot of the prepping stuff generator but funny i grew up with all the as i call them criminals and well when i got robbed no one saw or heard a thing and no one knew a thing funny the police said they believed it was someone who knew us because they knew which garage to hit and where all the stuff was in the garage never just tore it up went right in got the stuff and gone .

Thanks again on the heads up and again if i can contribute i will , i know some stuff but i feel i am always learning , like with the solar stuff and thank you for the battery tip i have ordered a ouple of convertors as i say i have a large stock of batteries for power tools
Yorkshire Andy

Re: Build your own emergency power/light system no skills needed

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

steptoe wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:57 pm
Yorkshire Andy wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:05 pm We do generally stay away from fire arms and weapons i
In as it soon descends into chaos and bordering on legalitys be it someone putting a box spring and
or shimming it to go beyond 12ft lb without a fac or poaching for examples

Obviously if someone is after genuine assistance we will permit it within reason we do have members and moderators who shoot in various forms. I used to do a lot of farm pest control but 3 kids / work / life gets in the way now the wife doesn't like the idea of me vanishing for a weekend lumping her with triple trouble :lol:

I like the random collection of kit approach take stoves a selection of type doesn't hurt if you can't get one cartridge type chances are you can get another somewhere in town or fuel be it Coleman white gas / petrol / paraffin / bio ethanol / chaffing gell / wood depending on what stove/s you have :geek:

As for the emp risk I don't let that one bother me too much as if that happens keeping my phone in a tin box won't matter as there will be no phone network running for example most basic battery kit will survive unless it's a huge event biggest reason to have some form of faraday box / tin/ pouch is to shield your car keys from the X box generation of car thieves who emulate the signal your car key is emitting to enter and start your car as for the pacemaker most are designed to resist damage from a defibrillator so should stand up to a random electric pulse

Source :Screenshot_20220909-232045.png
Thanks for the heads up , yes i know what you mean on people wanting to over power weapons but i always say you can make air rifles well over power but if you do you will not hit a barn door with it , a soft smoot haction of around 10ft pounds will do far better than something over , it is funny the wife and i are both fac she had never held a gun before taking me to a range i use to shoot as a kid lost it for years then due to health reason had to find a hobby to help me relax lol went to a range and the guys talked the wife in to having a go lol she was holding her first 2 cards lol both bulls and there was me trying to keep it in the black lol .
Thanks for the welcome on to the site i do have some great stove old chalwyns singles and doubles , a rippingilles oven stove combi , and as i say a few new type stoves lol , like you say you are sure to be able to cook on one or the other .
Our car is to old to have those type of keys but i do know what you mean to the signal booster type , that is why i am very security minded there is always someone that thinks they can just take it , we got burgaled a few years back hit my garage and stoel all our petrol powered stuff rotovators strimmers to name a few plus a lot of the prepping stuff generator but funny i grew up with all the as i call them criminals and well when i got robbed no one saw or heard a thing and no one knew a thing funny the police said they believed it was someone who knew us because they knew which garage to hit and where all the stuff was in the garage never just tore it up went right in got the stuff and gone .

Thanks again on the heads up and again if i can contribute i will , i know some stuff but i feel i am always learning , like with the solar stuff and thank you for the battery tip i have ordered a ouple of convertors as i say i have a large stock of batteries for power tools

Cheaper alternative pre made

22ah with a 12v output
Screenshot_20221023-195056.png
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine