car safety hammer.

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
lightningxl

car safety hammer.

Post by lightningxl »

I drive a car with electric windows and therefore have mounted a Lifehammer on the drivers sun visor using the mounting base pins not only does this give easy access if the car is flooded has a secondary use as a defence weapon in the style of a Kubotan hidden in plane sight as a safety item.
Last edited by lightningxl on Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tanstaafl

Re: car safety hammer + legal self defence item

Post by tanstaafl »

lightningxl wrote:I drive a car with electric windows and therefore have mounted a Lifehammer on the drivers sun visor using the mounting base pins not only does this give easy access if the car is flooded has a secondary use as a legal defence weapon in the style of a Kubotan hidden in plane sight as a safety item...

See also Co2 fire extinguisher.

:o :o :o Dont call anything a legal defence weapon, no such thing, as soon as you class it as a weapon it becomes a Offensive Weapon in the eyes of the law, 6 months I think someone said on another thread......
lightningxl

Post by lightningxl »

Good point taken - offensive by it very nature is the intention to attack someone - if the situation arises where I have to defend myself anything that comes to hand can be use with reasonable force. Hence self-defence. The safety hammer is a legitimate item to carry in a car.
ojiu0u4

Post by ojiu0u4 »

Last edited by ojiu0u4 on Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Area 9
ojiu0u4

Post by ojiu0u4 »

When people learn martial arts now a days do we no longer call that self defensive or do we simply refer to it through the discipline. Amazon advertise mace legal alternatives specifically for the UK and self defense such as:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/defence-spray-g ... lf+defense

Similarly high 140db decibel self defense sonic alarms.

How does this tie in with the law and not having something (a skill set?) Acquired for the specific purpose of self defense as per previous post?
Last edited by ojiu0u4 on Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Area 9
ojiu0u4

Post by ojiu0u4 »

duplicate post
Area 9
Hamradioop

Re: car safety hammer.

Post by Hamradioop »

The term 'offensive weapon' is defined as: "any article made or adapted for use to causing injury to the person, or intended by the person having it with him for such use". Thus you are in possession of an offensive weapon as soon as you intend to use it as a weapon. However proving intent is difficult, but by talking/ writing about a weapon you are showing intent.
“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.” ― Edward R. Murrow
"Remember Politicians are like babies diapers they both need changing often for the very same reason" - Mark Twain
If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal.
ojiu0u4

Post by ojiu0u4 »

This all seems a little circular, ignorance of the law is no defense,but by talking about it to improve understanding you then automatically establish guilty intent when purchasing an item that is marketed for defensive purposes because you are not allowed to defend yourself from a position of informed calm? but only of panic and lack of awarness - as if you are in anything other than terror you can not be in fear for your life, and rather than using a passive in advance thought out non lethal defense skill or deterent / alarm the you are guilty of offensive assult, but it you blindly grab something in ignorance and mortally wound someone while defending yourself and family at knife point in your house then you are not guilty...? A women carries a rape alarm and chemical identifier and learns martial arts so she has clear internet to defend herself against an assailant who may attack her. She is randomly stopped and searched by police for some other benign reason, she is found to have these items in her possession, is she really guilty of having an offensive weapon simply because she had clear intent of defending herself in if needed? Surely attending a martial arts class or buying an object containing the words self defensive self establishes an intent to defend themselves not assault other people without provocation? While items or skills might be usable in an offensive strike first capacity, surely this does not become the presumed intnet because you seek to defend yourself if needed and are aware of the need to only use an item for defense...? Confused, please clarify.
Area 9
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Hamradioop wrote:The term 'offensive weapon' is defined as: "any article made or adapted for use to causing injury to the person, or intended by the person having it with him for such use". Thus you are in possession of an offensive weapon as soon as you intend to use it as a weapon. However proving intent is difficult, but by talking/ writing about a weapon you are showing intent.
Ojiu0u4. I've highlighted the reason why rape alarms and UK defense sprays are not classed as offensive weapons.
Also, taking lessons in Martial arts (or the many forms of self-defense classes available) does not in any way imply that you are intending to carry or use an offensive weapon.

What is causing your confusion ?
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
IfInDoubt

Post by IfInDoubt »

lightningxl wrote:I drive a car with electric windows and therefore have mounted a Lifehammer on the drivers sun visor using the mounting base pins not only does this give easy access if the car is flooded has a secondary use as a defence weapon in the style of a Kubotan hidden in plane sight as a safety item.
I guess what's being said is that you have just incriminated yourself..........
Rogers: "Stark, we need a plan of attack"
Stark: "I have a plan; ATTACK!"

A man without at least one sharp pointy thing and the ability to start a fire is just a cold whining hairless ape