Food safe IBC's in Devon/SW?

Finding it, filtering it, treating it all in here!
Briggs 2.0

Re: Food safe IBC's in Devon/SW?

Post by Briggs 2.0 »

FEISTY wrote:
Briggs 2.0 wrote:I've looked for IBCs myself and you're right, the shipping is the problem, plus you really have no guarantee of what's been in them. They may have been steam cleaned and look clean but have they really just been used for food grade contents and if not have they removed all traces of the previous contents. I'm not partial to printer's ink or sheep dip so I have steered clear of second use IBCs. You can get new IBCs delivered by Mole Valley Farmers. I think they sell for around £150.00. If you do have an MVF near you they have a good range of water tanks, starting with a potable grade plastic 200 litre screw top barrel for £18, which is the one I mostly use.

Once I've filtered my water for storage, I keep it in an Ecosure potable tank, they have a wide range of potable and non-potable tanks online.
Briggs, amongst the many prepping topics under consideration for the future (and having bought a book on it which made it sound very complicated :( and has temporarily scared me off), I looked at IBCs for holding fish, possibly in the garage, in an aquaponic system and they did seem very expensive, especially as the top would have to be removed somehow to make an open tank, but other options are equally or more expensive. I will make a note of Mole Valley Farmers just in case I do go down that route. Thanks for the tip.
I ran the idea of aquaponics passed Mrs B and she is keen. If/when we do I think a cut off IBC is the way forward. By cutting it open it does mean it's easier to clean out. Aquaponics is definitely on my list.
Off-Grid & Living Outdoors
Hamradioop

Re: Food safe IBC's in Devon/SW?

Post by Hamradioop »

Brand new IBC-Containers, only prob is you need to buy 12 at a time!

http://www.ampulla.co.uk/Shop-For-Plast ... 1-170-120/
“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.” ― Edward R. Murrow
"Remember Politicians are like babies diapers they both need changing often for the very same reason" - Mark Twain
If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal.