BOB & Trauma Kit with Photos

Got a question or suggestion about an EDC/BOB/GHB item, chat about it here.
Sirmattyb

Post by Sirmattyb »

Hey forge no worries I'll dig it out for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sirmattyb

Post by Sirmattyb »

Here you go. 200 grams of pumpkin seeds, 200 grams of sunflower seeds, 400 grams of sweet almonds, 200 grams of Brazil nuts, 300 grams of dates, 300 grams of apricots, 300 grams of oats, 250 grams of raisins (I use a berry mix with cranberries) put it all in a food processor and pulse till all a nice size everything should be blended in together then either honey, golden syrup or I have experiments with orange juice or peanut butter. Then bake in a 190 over or gas mark 7 I think for either thirty min if you want them soft or bake hard for maybe an hour to an hour and a half depending on how thick the bars are etc. I make my bars thick so for nearly two kilos of mix I get maybe 8/12 bars. I have mine semi soft and when I take them out the oven I sprinkle them with cinnamon and either allow to cool and eat as or cool down then dunk in dark chocolate . Up to you..... Can substitute any of the dried fruits or nuts you want all are pretty good. I go with the above mix as it gives great fruit sugars and carbs and fibre along with lots of really good fats and massive protein. Great sugar from either the chocolate or honey or syrup whatever you use. Great taste and when your tired they pick you up instantly. I've experimented using protein powder etc in it as well but i prefer it as is. More natural. I have made this mix with rendered beef fat to make a type of non meat pemmican and also added it to a meat pemmican and it's great. Lasts for ever stuff I'm eating is six months old. All the ingredients the fruits and nuts etc come from pound land. A big one in Bracknell costs about maximum of 14 quid from memory. Cheers for reading guys. Matt

Sirmattyb

Post by Sirmattyb »

Oh year forgot to say the dates in this recipe are pretty important as they are so moist they kind of work with the honey or syrup top bind it together. Calorie wise I worked out that it's got enough protein and fat, fibre etc to sustain you for three days using the mix above and that's being a pig ha I use them after gym and as a snack my girlfriend uses them after running etc can't recommend them enough. I always take some power ads etc with me to add variety but these are far superior

Sirmattyb

Post by Sirmattyb »

I agree with the comments about the intubation kit etc but it's there anyway this bag stays at my house most of the time as my edc laptop rucksack carries a comprehensive fak as do both of the above bags. But in a shtf scenario that bag would be worth a lot in a barter as as well as in practical terms. I've got some other bits not pictured in here syringes etc that come with me when abroad once again one I have put together and more comprehensive than the ones in the shops.

Sirmattyb

Post by Sirmattyb »

Also not in the picture as I was using it to take photos is my iPad fully loads with all the OS maps which work offline I use Outdoor Gb for this it's excellent tracks your route etc can't recommend it enough. I have paper maps etc but rarely use them now. Also have a 3w solar charger which arrived today and in total three 10000 mah batteries with all USB leads together all my electronics including phone etc come to about a kilo but that's personal choice to carry. My iPad is also laden with approx 18000 books including over 400 survival books etc. I am just about to start an heirloom seed bank as hey guess if anything ever did happen that was long term scavenging would only last for a while. I am also just about to purchase a cheap 12ftlbs air gun and scope. Anyway wild camping tomorrow in the Brecon Beacons tomorrow for three days so am having an early night stay safe :-)

Sirmattyb

Post by Sirmattyb »

May possibly sell the intubation kit and fibre optic guide camera and a couple of other bits and get a set of op airways and more bandages and general consumable

WarPrepper

Re: My different bug out bags and pictures

Post by WarPrepper »

Sirmattyb wrote:The first two bags are fully carry able my girlfriend and I did thirty miles over three days messing around in the Brecon Beacons last bank Holliday we are going again this Friday.
Ten a day is nothing to boast about. - that should take a max of 3hrs
That is a lot of kit.
OSPREY body amour - with 5.56 pouches - what do you plan to carry.

As for the luxuries on your trip - MOUNTAINEERING IS NOT A PISS UP!
Any idiot that drinks whilst on expedition is both idiotic and deserves anything that happens to them.
Do be so foolish next time
If you can't live by yourself - don't hold me back.
Sirmattyb

Post by Sirmattyb »

WarPrepper wrote:
Sirmattyb wrote:The first two bags are fully carry able my girlfriend and I did thirty miles over three days messing around in the Brecon Beacons last bank Holliday we are going again this Friday.
That is a lot of kit.

Any idiot that drinks whilst on expedition is both idiotic and deserves anything that happens to them.
haha remind me to hang out with you as you sound like a barrel of laughs.
pseudonym

Re: BOB & Trauma Kit with Photos

Post by pseudonym »

Forum Rules:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2137

Relevant to this thread:
scoobie wrote: 4. Keep it friendly and polite.
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
bladefalcon

Post by bladefalcon »

WarPrepper wrote:
That is a lot of kit.

Ten a day is not a bad pace to maintain if he is fully laden with his 24kilo pack!!! My maddest hike ever was two days, fifty miles, with 26 kilos of gear/food/water. But for goodness sake maintaining that for more than a couple of days before injury sets in is pretty much impossible! Long term survivability is a lot more about taking things "slow and steady"... Gung ho is great for now, but after TSHTF it's safety first, especially when walking with a weaker walker(girlfriend, kids) etc etc...

And also, define mountaineering...
Cymru
(Area 12)
:)