What preps are you doing this week? Part 3.

How are you preparing
Arzosah

Re: What preps are you doing this week? Part 3.

Post by Arzosah »

featherstick wrote:Chickpeas can be soaked and sprouted and then eaten raw, or made into a raw hummus, which is lovely, especially made with peanut butter instead of tahini.
That's interesting! I've been wondering about microgreens instead of sprouting - with all the rinsing that sprouting needs, microgreens would take up a lot less water, which might be difficult to find in some situations.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

featherstick wrote:Chickpeas can be soaked and sprouted and then eaten raw, or made into a raw hummus, which is lovely, especially made with peanut butter instead of tahini.
Ooooh, I like that idea, good shout. Funnily enough I've wondered in the past about things made from scratch that involve 'components' and my inability to make them and tahini and is one of those. Saying that, I'd struggle to make peanut butter too so maybe not a perfect example. I'm not sure I could face the apocalypse without hummus either. :cry:
metatron

Post by metatron »

Picked up this Kenwood dual bander for £25 at a car boot sale. The guy had a load of CB stuff, power supplies and antennas. Annoyingly I only had about £32 on me, so couldn't pick up some fairly nice bits he had. I've given up on CB as its completely dead and the quality is questionable, and I can pick up PMR446 radios dirt cheap and run a high power base station with a cross band repeater if needed, if everything go to sh*t.

featherstick

Post by featherstick »

Deeps wrote:
Ooooh, I like that idea, good shout. Funnily enough I've wondered in the past about things made from scratch that involve 'components' and my inability to make them and tahini and is one of those. Saying that, I'd struggle to make peanut butter too so maybe not a perfect example. I'm not sure I could face the apocalypse without hummus either. :cry:

If you have peanuts, and something to bash them with, you can make peanut butter. Roast raw peanuts, which releases the oil, and roughly blend, bash or grind - et voila! Peanut butter.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

featherstick wrote:
Deeps wrote:

If you have peanuts, and something to bash them with, you can make peanut butter. Roast raw peanuts, which releases the oil, and roughly blend, bash or grind - et voila! Peanut butter.
Thanks for that Featherstick, I've never given it any thought but that doesn't sound too tricky. I'll mention it to Her Maj to see if she fancies it. She had a go at making lemon curd at the weekend, she's slowly getting with the program.
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

I've been reorganising my BOB, added a cheap groundsheet (poundland) to go with my lightweightarmy poncho, and put some tent pegs in as well. I know you can make them but they are cheap and light enough, and I figure I can used the metal skewer pegs for cooking on if push comes to shove.
Also sorted out my torch bag and checked the battery dates etc.
junmist

Post by junmist »

Brought a demolition bar, it may not seem like a prep but I use a lot of pallets and the crow bar was just too much hard work with bending over which was killing my back. And of course I have no pallets to try it on at the mo :x
AREA's 5-6 and 4
Feet the original All Terrain Vehicle
featherstick

Post by featherstick »

junmist wrote:Brought a demolition bar, it may not seem like a prep but I use a lot of pallets and the crow bar was just too much hard work with bending over which was killing my back. And of course I have no pallets to try it on at the mo :x
Depends what you are using them for but I've found the best way to take pallets apart is with a hacksaw and a tin of WD40, cutting the nails holding it together. You end up with some decent rough timber then.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

I think I'm in danger of getting chucked out of the club ... I just opened my last bag of ground coffee!

:shock:
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Arzosah wrote:I think I'm in danger of getting chucked out of the club ... I just opened my last bag of ground coffee!

:shock:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :o :o :o
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.