What preps are you doing this week? Part 3.

How are you preparing
angeuk

Re: What preps are you doing this week? Part 3.

Post by angeuk »

Kris369 wrote:Going to be a dad, so it's time to clear my spare room, save up and do some baby prepping.

Due Xmas day! So Christmas is going to be expensive.

But I guess a child is a prep for someone to look after you in your old age. :lol:
Many congrats! Lovely news. I'm going to be a granny (4th one) at the same time. :) I know my daughter can't leave the house without 40 bags in the car, so maybe all parents are natural preppers!
Medusa

Post by Medusa »

If you can't beat em ..... Arrived home yesterday and hubby informed me that he has filled one of the jerry cans with diesel, rooted out two high vis jackets and put them together with the warning triangle and the folding shovel he bought me as a present in the truck. Showed him the traction mats and warning beacons I found for the truck and he asked me to get them so he can add them too. I think he's caught the prepping bug now :D
Growing old disgracefully!
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Medusa wrote:If you can't beat em ..... Arrived home yesterday and hubby informed me that he has filled one of the jerry cans with diesel, rooted out two high vis jackets and put them together with the warning triangle and the folding shovel he bought me as a present in the truck. Showed him the traction mats and warning beacons I found for the truck and he asked me to get them so he can add them too. I think he's caught the prepping bug now :D
Congrats on your new Prepper

Kris369: I wish the two(and soon to be three) of you all the best.
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Medusa wrote:If you can't beat em ..... Arrived home yesterday and hubby informed me that he has filled one of the jerry cans with diesel, rooted out two high vis jackets and put them together with the warning triangle and the folding shovel he bought me as a present in the truck. Showed him the traction mats and warning beacons I found for the truck and he asked me to get them so he can add them too. I think he's caught the prepping bug now :D

Soon the boot will be full with no room for the weekly shop ;-)

On a serious note breakdown and accident preps can possibly save your life.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-ma ... r-36701149

:(
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
nickdutch

Post by nickdutch »

in cleaning up my diet I am now getting all my sweet stuff an sauces from

waldenfarmsltd.co.uk

free from ideal for gluten intolerant and those needing to have a low glycemic index lifestyle.
reperio a solutio
Resident and Co-Ordinator of AREA 2
Area 2 = Hampshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Bucks
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Just won an auction for a 9 tray Excalibur. :mrgreen:
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
featherstick

Post by featherstick »

Kris369 wrote:Going to be a dad, so it's time to clear my spare room, save up and do some baby prepping.

Due Xmas day! So Christmas is going to be expensive.

But I guess a child is a prep for someone to look after you in your old age. :lol:
Fantastic news! Good stuff. Life-changing and the first year is very challenging, be warned.

Couple of tips (although I'm sure you'll be flooded with advice):

- Buy a copy of Beatrice Hollyer's book Sleep - the secret of problem-free nights. Read it and do what it says, it really works. We have two who have been very little trouble when it came to sleep, thanks to this book.
- Don't buy anything else, as people will give you all sorts of things - clothes, prams, little baby baths - actually come to think of it, we still have a load of baby stuff to move on. Must get on to freegle.

Enjoy your baby!
7 lives

Post by 7 lives »

Congrats kris369 on news of new babe!
DustyDog

Post by DustyDog »

Congrats on your new arrival Kris369. My next arrival will be a grandchild, hopefully not too soon though. :lol:

Sorting out some 12 volt led lights on a 5 meter strip, using them for camping, with a 12 volt leisure battery, will use them as a prep in case of power cut, great for camping with them being waterproof too.
Up in the wet South Lakeland
nickdutch

Post by nickdutch »

nickdutch wrote:in cleaning up my diet I am now getting all my sweet stuff an sauces from

waldenfarmsltd.co.uk

free from ideal for gluten intolerant and those needing to have a low glycemic index lifestyle.

I posted this a little while ago and have now decided it was a big mistake. The above mentioned company only really makes two products I can get on with, the chocolate syrup and the pancake syrup. Pancake syrup I can make at home with Xanthum gum, sweetener and a few flavours. So maybe i will just use the chocolate syrup..... But maybe I could even make that with cocoa solids too. I am unsure.

I am pretty sure that others will have different experiences, its just that mine have been pretty terrible........ And I mean really terrible.

NEVER buy their ketchup.
Ever.
As long as you live.
Nada, zilch.
Just don't do it.
OMG. Jeepers......
:( :( :( :( :( :(
reperio a solutio
Resident and Co-Ordinator of AREA 2
Area 2 = Hampshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Bucks