Radio Frequencies of note

Donquay

Re: Radio Frequencies of note

Post by Donquay »

Thank you Mallie99. I will! It was his postings that I joined for. Calling for help post SHTF.
mallie99

Post by mallie99 »

It's sad since he contributed a lot to this forum but was banned a short while ago for saying something that a mod didn't agree with.

TBH since that episode I've not really had any love for this forum. I considered him one of the good guys here.
Entirely certain that nothing is certain

Leo1

Post by Leo1 »

mallie99 wrote:The kit Leo seems to be talking about is all fixed, not much use for a BOB.
Would you like to pop over the the Yaesu site, then put here the size, and weight of the unit.

And dose it have a built in battery power pack?

Leo
mallie99

Post by mallie99 »

Leo1 wrote:
mallie99 wrote:The kit Leo seems to be talking about is all fixed, not much use for a BOB.
Would you like to pop over the the Yaesu site, then put here the size, and weight of the unit.

And dose it have a built in battery power pack?

Leo
Thank you for your advice, I have been to the site. If you would like to put the information yourself and advise why it would be more beneficial to a BOB - and subsequently why I am wrong - please do so without the aggressive/playground challenge undertones.

Thank you.

Donquay

Post by Donquay »

Leo. Who can I call???
Briggs

Post by Briggs »

mallie99 wrote:It's sad since he contributed a lot to this forum but was banned a short while ago for saying something that a mod didn't agree with.

TBH since that episode I've not really had any love for this forum. I considered him one of the good guys here.
What? Malthouse banned? Surely not. Granted there were times I felt he was an undercover copper trying to find out if I had a license for my AK47, but on the whole I thought he was very informative on stuff, radio comms especially.

I'm no expert on radio comms but I have a Yaesu 817ND. It is portable-ish and worth checking out to see if it suits your needs.
I recently experienced Plymouth City centre so that's why I prep.
mallie99

Post by mallie99 »

Briggs wrote:
mallie99 wrote:It's sad since he contributed a lot to this forum but was banned a short while ago for saying something that a mod didn't agree with.

What? Malthouse banned? Surely not. Granted there were times I felt he was an undercover copper trying to find out if I had a license for my AK47, but on the whole I thought he was very informative on stuff, radio comms especially.

I'm no expert on radio comms but I have a Yaesu 817ND. It is portable-ish and worth checking out to see if it suits your needs.
? I thought you were the undercover plod?!

Jack the Lad

Post by Jack the Lad »

Completely agree Mallie
Donquay

Post by Donquay »

Leo I want to buy a radio like you said. But who can I call with it. Asked a dozen times but but no answer.
Leo1

Post by Leo1 »

Get a license, and then the world could be your Oyster.

Leo