Phase 2

How are you preparing
janso

Re: Phase 2

Post by janso »

pol76 wrote:Simple case of search, secure and defend

Search for any supplies left, people and location

Secures your chosen area and secure your ground no use planting crops if you are kicked off it

Defend your gains against attack by nature or man

You would have to juggle the balance between numbers of mouths to how much you can produce being small and remote with say a grouping of 20/40 people should work or smaller if you can get away with it larger and you start having other problems

Remember you cannot stay awake 24/7 you need sleep and you cannot defend 360 by yourself so we all need others to assist

I know this might sound very very harsh but would a high death rate be that bad in the begining it would assist us to last longer if we could keep our heads down to form up at a location at a later date

max
Very wise words there mate..... Life would be extremely harsh with some very distasteful decisions having to be made in order to live to see another day.

As much as I think society very much needs to step back a few paces, as it most certainly will in the near future, the tough decisions we will all have to make are not met with the warmest of welcomes!!!
Carrot Cruncher

Post by Carrot Cruncher »

janso wrote:All good comments so far and an area that I touched on in a post on the old forum... CC, can you find it?
Will do my best old chap
bigpaul

Post by bigpaul »

First off, i wouldn't be too quick to contact other survivors, there are a lot of nasty people out there and some of them will survive too, so keep a low profile until you are sure. also i notice a lot of people on here talking about the military, don't forget most if not all of the military get their food from overseas, its cheaper than buying it here, so apart from their stores, they will be in just as much trouble as the ordinary sheeple, i would keep away from military bases you'r liable to get shot!
Carrot Cruncher

Carrot Cruncher wrote:
janso wrote:All good comments so far and an area that I touched on in a post on the old forum... CC, can you find it?
Will do my best old chap
Well I did my best...and failed miserably :D

Heres the link if you want to have a try, I vaguely remember the post but cant see it http://www.uk-preppers.co.uk/old/index.html
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Did we get all the old members back ? I wish we had Almach back.
urban fox

Post by urban fox »

I wouldnt stay where i am if TSHTF for a gold pig!! the reason being that in the past I have suffered 3 burglaries and damage and theft from my cars and that is in relatively peacful times what it would be like when the community minded gangs start to rampage god knows!!! the way I see it is one if not the top priority for us post SHTF is security and history has shown us both sides of the coin.. in the case of Anne Franks family you can lay low for quite some time but eventually you will be spotted or something and like in the case of rabbits whilst your burrow remains undiscovered you are relatively safe underground but once the dog find the set the nets go over and in goes the ferret. your survival chances are now at a very minimal!!
but on the other side of the coin the most easily defended place is also the most visible the castle at the top of the hill.. the castle has commanding views for miles around but the drawback is its also visible for miles around.. the castle non the less would be my choice.. another point is that post SHTF the people we know and associate with now will probably not be the ones we are with or encounter... there may well be some people who are decent but undoubtably there will also be some nasty ones too!!! the rats can always find their way off sinking ships!!! and its usually before the people do!!! so how do you know if those you meet are trustable or not? its no good thinking (oh yes I'm a good judge of character) cos remember you have to sleep at some point!!! A friend of mine who served in the
urban fox

Post by urban fox »

army told me that people would steal from each other whilst on exercise and they are supposed to be a unit who move and think together!!!
i suggest that whatever plans you make for stage 2 if you get that far, only involves people who have your best interests at heart and you theirs!!!
if you thow caution to the wind it will blow back in your face...
dch

Post by dch »

my comments about the army where not to say i think all will be ok, because they will make all the bad things go away, i think if all goes bad given what i wrote, small communitys like army basis will retain some pockets of law, marshall but still law. the second fact i have tryd to make is the people in power want to stay in power, and that goes for the top brass as well, and the thousands that work in white hall, don't fool yourself into thinking life will get simpler, unless there is a near extinction event and a couple of thousand people on the planet survive with no remaining infastructure will we go back 100 years. even then all you need is a locksmith to open an armary or a mechanice to start a tank, and if you get a fisherman to catch a ton of fish, those three people have started a war, gained power and started trading, which leads on to money and tax and war and fingers crossed law,

just 2 p from me.
Carrot Cruncher

Some good points there DCH, if there is a power vaccum then someone will try and fill it, even if it is very localised initially. I live fairly near to a Barracks and I have never quite worked out if it is a good thing or bad thing but there could definitely be a lot worse things to live near
Carrot Cruncher

One group who will defininitely cope better than most during phase 2 are the "Travellers". Whatever views people might have about them (good, bad, or neutral), they have the ideal lifestyle to help each other out in an event like the one we are talking about on this thread. They are mobile, they have large extended families, they have strong links to other like minded people all across the country, they are less reliant on the state to provide them security etc, they have a strong "identity" so wont have the same problems as the majority of us when groups start to be formed (who's in, who's out etc).

There was a program on C4 last night called "My big fat gypsy wedding" and it was interesting to see how they viewed things and how their society worked....and it also might surprise a few people. I think the program was the first of 5.....well worth a watch.