What Preps are you doing this week? Part 10

How are you preparing
steptoe

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 10

Post by steptoe »

LOL i do mate lol i am doing alsorts with them , i have been looking and plastic boxes to take the batteries and then usb sockets with the voltage showing and then just a simple on off rocker , i am wonder about a charging board the sip has the little board in and i am wondering what sort of board i could get to fit in the boxes lol i am thinking and makign a few boxes up and having them set here and there like say 3 in the garage keep one in dinning room then 1 in each bedroom and that means lights go bingo i got them 5w lights you pointed me to , this year health permitting i am goign to look at running 12v wireling for the lights and hide it away either tiny trunking or something so we have emergency lighting set in .

I have also looked at emergency lights the type used in hospitals that kick in on a battery built in , funny just got out first real bill since the gove help and looks like the wife and i burnt just over £200 a month now bare in mind before all this crap started we use to run £80 a month on a bad month lawn mower hedge trimmer strimmer and me doing bits with other stuff .

Well mate i thank you guys for the pointers and again i will be working on it this year just took a major hit health wise and been bed ridden but out today and sitting up , i was meant to travel south tomorrow for a funeral but health says no way

Ok thanks again
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:51 pm Which one you go for updated mine recently £30 for a michalin one with wireless charger capability for mobiles plus 4.0l petrol 2.0 l derv capabilityScreenshot_20230115-161004.png

Gool old boyes department stores itsy will know of it and possibly Jansman any any Northern monkeys ;)
TOPDON JS1200 6.5l petrol 4.0 derv version.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/384461249011
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

pseudonym wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:08 pm
Yorkshire Andy wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:51 pm Which one you go for updated mine recently £30 for a michalin one with wireless charger capability for mobiles plus 4.0l petrol 2.0 l derv capabilityScreenshot_20230115-161004.png

Gool old boyes department stores itsy will know of it and possibly Jansman any any Northern monkeys ;)
TOPDON JS1200 6.5l petrol 4.0 derv version.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/384461249011
Nice have you found the tiny boost button on the plug in jump unit next to the LEDs for if the battery is dead and the unit doesn't recognise the battery

That and yours takes USB C so take it will take a quick charge and the Qualcomm 3 output
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:13 pm
Nice have you found the tiny boost button on the plug in jump unit next to the LEDs for if the battery is dead and the unit doesn't recognise the battery

That and yours takes USB C so take it will take a quick charge and the Qualcomm 3 output
Yep, the unit flashes you if you need the boost.

The extra features are secondary but redundancies are always welcome.
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Frnc

Post by Frnc »

Roofers turned up and fixed my roof, fingers crossed. They put a bigger lead flashing on the back of the chimney, presumably tucked under the tiles. I might keep a bit of waterproof sheet near my hifi amp just in case, as it is close to where the leak happened. No water actually dripped down, I just got a damp patch on the ceiling. They didn't charge me anything. I was beginning to give up as I hadn't heard from them since Thursday night.

Sorted out a few minor prep things, put the mud baskets on my trekking poles and some rubber tips into the bugout bag.

Still need to get my back door planed down as it's very hard to open and close. Hopefully then no more expenses on the house!
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Arzosah wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:29 pm Just bought them [cables], and some FFP3 masks too, plus some butterfly sutures to bring it up to free delivery. But it got weird then: I had to faff about quite a bit to get the free delivery box ticked, and then when I tried to get it to deliver to my local delivery place (because, catsitting) it freaked out and said the place was full - because of the butterfly sutures :lol: but its a dumb machine with dumb software, what can you do? So the delivery will be to my house on Monday, except the sutures, which will be priority delivery on 26th January :lol:
All three items have just turned up :lol: delivery driver was extremely passive aggressive (non-verbally), I'm afraid, because I asked him to step back from the front door :?
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

pseudonym wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:39 am
Yorkshire Andy wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:13 pm

Yep, the unit flashes you if you need the boost.

The extra features are secondary but redundancies are always welcome.

Especially if you need to ring the RAC and your phones flat :mrgreen:
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
DustyDog

Post by DustyDog »

Getting seeds ready for this years growing season, gonna get a mushroom growing kit, not cost effective eith how much you can buy them but want to try growing then in bigger quantities maybe snd a kit is the way to learn. Had beans, peas, toms, spuds, all sorts last year, got greenhouse June so this year will be the first main year with it.
Up in the wet South Lakeland
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

jennyjj01 wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:49 am
jennyjj01 wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:33 pm
jennyjj01 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:42 pm Planted my egyptian Walking onions into pods.
One has sprouted multiple sprouts to about a centimetre. I'm calling that one baby Kleo
One has popped it's nose out from the compost by barely a millimetre. I'm calling that one Milli.
This puts me in my happy place, so I bore you with my baby photo's:
ONE DAY of growth of Milli and Kleo :o :o :o :D :D :D :D
Both1.jpg
[edit 12 Jan]
I'm not going to post photo's every day, but today, I can say that Kleo and Milli have more than doubled in size in two days! Two more cloves have sprouted and not far behind Milli. So..... 4 cloves out of 24 (10 paid for, 14 free) so far are sprouted. Another 3 look like they'll show green tomorrow.
[/edit]
FIVE more days later and we now have eight of them sprouted. The progress is amazing. Milli is the one on the right of the second pic.
There's still quite a few no-shows, one of which was a big fat juicy bulb that as done exactly NOTHING.
Curiously NONE of the ones in the loo roll tubes has sprouted yet. Maybe something to do with moisture level.
IMG_20230116_232514.jpg
IMG_20230116_232440.jpg
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

Sowed some Ailsa and Rijnsburger onion seeds in trays. The Kitchen Windowsill is getting a bit full now.

Only got just about 4 hours in on the lotment. Not fully cleared any actual space yet, but scraped up at least a couple of cubic meters of weeds onto the heap. Little by little, it's starting to take shape. Need a few full days a week, but other commitments getting in the way.

Met an allotment neighbour and picked his brains a bit :)
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong