What Preps are you doing this week? Part 11

How are you preparing
Yorkshire Andy

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 11

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

New rear wiper on the car old one was split £6 from the local motorfactors for a Bosch one ...

Few holiday preps have arrived a Cary on bag to keep easy jets tape measure waving upcharge staff happy (or upset depending on how you view it :lol: )
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Jeffjones297

Post by Jeffjones297 »

My meds/first aid bin is complete, I of course have gone over the top. Both as a former nurse/nurse manager and OCD sufferer, have compiled something resembling a small field hospital.
I tried to reign myself in but I do tend to overthink things.
Ultimately I had to focus on likely/most essential needs, as opposed to stuff that would be great but can be managed without.
I used both my needs but the most common problems people encounter and have to run to the Dr/pharmacy for. Plus those incidents, accidents scenarios that we may have to manage, where previously the accident and emergency unit would have had to be used.

I've covered most of it but do/can u ever cover every scenario ?
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

This week, starting today, it's into bug-in mode: I've got the bl006y covid.
Isolating from OH, for what it's worth, feeling sorry for myself. Sorry to be a wuss :( :(

Dreading OH coming down with it.
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

jennyjj01 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:43 am This week, starting today, it's into bug-in mode: I've got the bl006y covid.
Isolating from OH, for what it's worth, feeling sorry for myself. Sorry to be a wuss :( :(

Get some lemsip down your neck and woman up :twisted: :twisted:

I mean get well soon Jenny :)

jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:47 am
jennyjj01 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:43 am This week, starting today, it's into bug-in mode: I've got the bl006y covid.

Thanks. It's trivial really. Expect lots of inane forum contributions as I sit here mopsing.
Off to research current 'best practice' for this lurgy.
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
Frnc

Post by Frnc »

Oh dear, hope it's not too bad.
Frnc

Post by Frnc »

Just ordered a dehumidifier. Humidity in our house is over 60%, which is too high. I noticed condensation when I was in the loft. Bathroom has a fan, but it struggles to cope with lodgers' mega hot showers. Sometimes we dry clothes indoors, I'll have to use the line more. Does it dry outside if it's cold but dry?
Frnc

Post by Frnc »

Practiced some knots. Alpine Butterfly, Sheet Bend, Double Sheet Bend and Bowline. I can still do the Bowline one handed with my eyes closed. This is an old climbing technique, but of course we didn't do it with our eyes closed. You do it in one movement of the wrist, without letting go of the end. This is an easy knot to tie directly into a harness if top roping, or when I was a kid, simply tying the rope around your waist! If you were in water and someone threw you a rope, you could tie in using this technique. I can also do the Alpine Butterfly with my eyes closed, but I did have to look at some images. It's a very easy knot actually.
I bought a paper knots book but the images are hard to follow, as both ropes are grey, so I drew blue and red lines carefully round the images for one knot so far. It takes time, but it help memorise it as well as making it clearer in future.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Frnc wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:52 pm Just ordered a dehumidifier. Humidity in our house is over 60%, which is too high. I noticed condensation when I was in the loft. Bathroom has a fan, but it struggles to cope with lodgers' mega hot showers. Sometimes we dry clothes indoors, I'll have to use the line more. Does it dry outside if it's cold but dry?
If it's not too late get an ebac... Far more effective than most cheaper units and cheaper to run due to the fridge type cooling system Vs the cheaper to make Pelter units

https://www.ebac.com/dehumidifiers/2650 ... lsrc=aw.ds

Mines on smart low at first I was pulling 6l a day out the house.. now it's been on a while it's closer to 1.5 a day

Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

jennyjj01 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:35 am
Yorkshire Andy wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:47 am

Thanks. It's trivial really. Expect lots of inane forum contributions as I sit here mopsing.
Off to research current 'best practice' for this lurgy.
Sorry to hear this, Jenny, take care of yourself - I got it in autumn 2022, and I was ill for 2 months :(