Post your EDC!

Got a question or suggestion about an EDC/BOB/GHB item, chat about it here.
Decaff

Re: Post your EDC!

Post by Decaff »

Hamradioop wrote:I was` joshing you as they both block you up. Sorry to hear you have to have codeine for a nerve problem. Not nice.
Oh yes, don't take both in the same day.. Takes ahem a lot of unbunging to get things moving again :shock:

Just added hay fever tablets to my bag as they will come in handy for bites and stings along with a small tube of toothpaste to rub into bites and stop the incessant itching they give :evil:
Behind every great man is an even greater woman. She carried you, raised you and made you who you are.
bladefalcon

Post by bladefalcon »

I'm not usually more than 10 miles from home, but I also mountaineer abroad quite a lot and that tends to vary my EDC.

Generic 20 litre backpack (by Animal)
-Basic First Aid Kit, beefed out with extra trauma dressing, a few sterile razor blades (info on the legality there would be nice!) loads of extra alcohol wipes, and a face mask for the inevitable stoned junky revival! ;)
-Small Victorinox multitool, absolutely priceless piece of kit and nobody should have a problem finding that in your bag
-Always have a spare lighter or two knocking about, usually a packet of cigarettes (potential barter item as well as the obvious recreational uses)
-Two 500ml bottles of water
-Waterproof jacket
-Mini MagLite
-Hi Vis vest, this item has a multitude of uses, most obvious being roadside safety and signalling.
-High energy crackers, I personally love Ritz crackers, a bit of salt chucked in to help with ion balance etc. Further nutrition isn't important to me as I'd be with my supplies within six hours max.

Abroad climbing, I will often carry a sheath knife on my person depending on the locale and relative knife-paranoia in the area(hikes in the alps nobody will bat an eyelid), and I tend to be out with a good all round kit between my climbing rucksack, and the car (again, usually within 10 miles, though over far more treacherous terrain...)

I have a shelter setup mainly involving a 3m x 2m lightweight DPM basha, including paracord and bungie cords, this all fits into a bag about the size of an iceberg lettuce. But as I stated, there is no point me carrying this as I am not usually far from home and in the case of TSHTF I'd be able to run/walk home thanks to lightweight EDC easily covering thirty miles a day...
Last edited by bladefalcon on Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cymru
(Area 12)
:)
munchh

Post by munchh »

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=10151

i just moved this here.
AREA 3
I'm not antisocial, just anti idiot.
If you use the phase "man up" you have alot to learn.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools, because they have to say something" Plato.