Advice on EDC bag please

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Nurseandy

Re: Advice on EDC bag please

Post by Nurseandy »

Hi Medusa, similar to you I have a range of kit in the car (and 3 days food & water) which I'm usually pretty close to.
When away from the car I don't tend to carry very much at all and it's all in my pockets. Typically just a small blindingly bright torch for defence, a small Swiss army knife, a couple of pairs of disposable gloves in the event of anything medical happening and there's bodily fluids, my phone & cards and £50 cash in small notes. There's another £50 cash in the car too.
I always wear footwear suitable for walking miles and practical clothing.
Frnc

Re: Advice on EDC bag please

Post by Frnc »

Download this year, going for a day. Will be out about 7am and back in city centre about 2am. Could be cold, probably will, and might have to wait for a taxi. You are supposed to have a bag no bigger than A4. Even a small packable day sack is taller! Mine is 25 l (allegedly) but because it's so thin, I can just roll the top down, they aren't gonna measure. Anyway, I have to have clothes for hot weather, cold weather, and wet weather, plus anything else like sun block, shades etc, all in this tiny bag.

I intend to take:
Insulated jacket (can pack smaller than a fleece)
wind jacket (packs to almost nothing, doubles as a way to evade the sun)
waterproof jacket or poncho
sunblock
shades
sun hat
maybe reading glasses (for phone en route)
shop-bought water for journey there (will ditch empty). You can't take drinks in unless sealed and under 500ml.
maybe ear plugs, specially made for gigs.
Imodium, of course.

Will wear convertible nylon hiking trousers and fabric boots
Will probably wear a band t-shirt of some sort as a plain polyester one is a bit naff for a festival.