What Preps are you doing this week

How are you preparing
Oldarborman

Re: What Preps are you doing this week

Post by Oldarborman »

Having a couple of aches and pains as you get older i constantly on a monthly basis rotate my medication and medical supplies, I have at least six months future supply of meds all stored in a dry container, I have taken in the past first aid courses and a course on life saving resuscitation, at my age not being as active as a lot of younger people I can at least help with first aid cover, but on a weekly basis check all medical supplies.
AREA 10
nickdutch

Post by nickdutch »

got even more batteries in for the winter and possible powercuts
reperio a solutio
Resident and Co-Ordinator of AREA 2
Area 2 = Hampshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Bucks
jansman

Post by jansman »

I am with Nick on that one. I too, have checked all my torches and emergency lights prior to the Winter. I have those stick-on push lights in strategic places around the house. Handy to put in in a hurry just to navigate in the dark! :D
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Le Mouse

Post by Le Mouse »

I've not been able to do much now I'm back at work (and frankly I feel like I've been shot out of a cannon!), but today I went to Aldi after work and picked up 4 packets of pasta and four packets of risotto rice, all on offer this week. I'm sure I'll go get more.

I've run out of space in my food cupboard, so this weekend I either need to liberate another cupboard or sort out a decent system of long term storage. Currently thinking boxes under the bed.

I could do with getting some push lights too. Think my Nan had some, so they should be knocking about here somewhere. When it's dark here, it's *dark* so it would be a good idea to get that sorted before it's much darker in the evenings.

Oh, I desperately need to stock up on painkillers. I had a migraine last night and only had cold and flu tablets in the house. They do not work! So they are added to the weekend shopping list and I'll create an inventory list of medicines so I don't run out in future.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Forgot to congratulate you on the new job, Le Mouse. Congratulations!

Push lights,Poundland. Paracetomol or Ibuprofen, three for a quid.Poundland.

Robert Frost.

Me.
Le Mouse

Post by Le Mouse »

jansman wrote:Forgot to congratulate you on the new job, Le Mouse. Congratulations!

Push lights,Poundland. Paracetomol or Ibuprofen, three for a quid.Poundland.
Fanks! :D It's utterly bonkers at the minute, but I'm so glad I'll be earning for a bit. Time to squirrel more away!

I'll make a trip to Poundland at the weekend then. I will have to get the migraine stuff from Superdrug - cheapest place to get fairly effective migraine tablets as far as I know.
unsure

Post by unsure »

poundland isn`t the best place for painkillers . 3 for a pound works out at 33p for 16 . asda,tesco and morrisons do them for 19p for a box of 16
YES i walked away mid sentence , you were boring me to death and my survival instincts kick in .
jansman

Post by jansman »

Even better.

Robert Frost.

Me.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Upgraded my snowshoes ready for this winter. :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

Jams cooling and more fruit to process tomorrow with several large bags in the freezer for use later. It'll be chutney time for the apples soon too. A few more large bags of pasta stocked whilist they were on offer, beds being cleared outside and potatoes lifted slowly, wood being cut and stacked.I still need to look at water storage, or at least fresh drinking water for immediate use and a filter system for the butts outside which must amount to something like 250 gallons, and if there's time I still need to sort out all the junk in my workshop.