laws for machete/knife

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Madsquad

laws for machete/knife

Post by Madsquad »

hey guys been tryin to work this out but cant find any info that i need but am i going wild camping for a 1 week and a half up the north of scotland and want to know the laws for carrying a machete or knife last thing i want is to be breaking the law thanks
pseudonym

Re: laws for machete/knife

Post by pseudonym »

Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
tigs

Post by tigs »

Ready for Anything

http://autonopedia.org/ if still out try facebook https://www.facebook.com/Autonopedia

Area 8
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Bury it at the bottom of your pack (or in the middle if you've got a bottom opening as well) until you get out of civilisation. You need to make it as difficult to get to as possible (I remember reading something about a guy who used to wrap his knife in most of a newspaper and tape it up well)
You do have 'Good Reason' to have it with you (you're going bushcrafting/wild camping), but you need to be seen to of made the effort to transport your edged tools safely and in a manner that you wouldn't if you were planning on getting up to no good ie not accessible .

If somebody in a uniform (or who has identified themselves as a police officer) asks you "Whats in the bag?" tell them its camping gear, if they ask exactly whats in the bag don't mention the blade(s) first or last. Always be polite and keep your cool (even if you're running late)

Make sure that you're not carrying anything that would give grounds for a search. A friend of mine used to smoke roll-ups with a roach in them so he often had torn Rizla packets, guess who tended to get a full search
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
smoggiebowman

Post by smoggiebowman »

Anything over 3in you have to have good reason for carrying but as above, wilderness camping covers this. None fixed blades can be a different matter but IMO they arent usually fit for purpose anyway.

Just be sensible really - keep it out if sight until you're out of the way.

Hope you have a gooden :)