What Preps are you doing this week? Part 11

How are you preparing
PPrep

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 11

Post by PPrep »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 7:00 pm
Frnc wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 3:36 pm about CCTV so I might not bother, but I'm getting a quote anyway.
Do it yourself some of the battery powered rechargeable units last months between charges hold images on the devices internal memory and come with 12 months free subscription to a cloud not that you have to use it

Charge up

Screw up

Clip up on a magnetic mount or use the screw thread

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0CNQ24PLN? ... _titleToDp

Screenshot_20240504-195906.png

Download the app and it connects via your routers WiFi
If you've got Alexa fire stick you can ask it to "Alexa show back yard" and view it live on your TV

At that price I've just ordered another....

It's a deterrent all you need to do is hide your face hence imo it's not worth spending a fortune
Screenshot_20240504-200318.png

I don't use a smartphone or any smart technology. Can this camera be used without a smartphone; in other words can one just check the internal memory (presumably it's a micro SD card) using a PC and card reader? I'm having difficulty finding Internet or smartphone - free CCTV.

I have got working a stand alone system using two cheap webcams (about £22 the pair) and a laptop. Used in conjunction with a security light, I get decent quality colour images day and night. When the PIR security light is triggered at night, it triggers the motion - sensitive component in the software, so the images are captured.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

PPrep wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 9:51 am
Frnc wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 3:36 pm about CCTV so I might not bother, but I'm getting a quote anyway.
Do it yourself some of the battery powered rechargeable units last months between charges hold images on the devices internal memory and come with 12 months free subscription to a cloud not that you have to use it

Charge up

Screw up

Clip up on a magnetic mount or use the screw thread

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0CNQ24PLN? ... _titleToDp

Screenshot_20240504-195906.png

Download the app and it connects via your routers WiFi
If you've got Alexa fire stick you can ask it to "Alexa show back yard" and view it live on your TV

At that price I've just ordered another....

It's a deterrent all you need to do is hide your face hence imo it's not worth spending a fortune
Screenshot_20240504-200318.png

I don't use a smartphone or any smart technology. Can this camera be used without a smartphone; in other words can one just check the internal memory (presumably it's a micro SD card) using a PC and card reader? I'm having difficulty finding Internet or smartphone - free CCTV.

I have got working a stand alone system using two cheap webcams (about £22 the pair) and a laptop. Used in conjunction with a security light, I get decent quality colour images day and night. When the PIR security light is triggered at night, it triggers the motion - sensitive component in the software, so the images are captured.

There is a windows app but I've not played with it .. they are up mainly as a deterrent put a couple up obvious to see them these wireless ones some have been sprayed to match where they are ( brown for on the fence for example) people hide from the obvious cameras but not for the more "covert" cameras
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Frnc

Post by Frnc »

Definitely not replacing the hinges, the screws are buried under 150 years of paint. But I could fit those bolts. Do you hammer the bolt in or screw it in?

For the back door, I might just put a couple of bars across. Ugly, but secure.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

x 3 wooly pullys :mrgreen:

100% British wool:

https://outdoorknitwear.com/en/23-clearance-styles-
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
PPrep

Post by PPrep »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 3:07 pm
PPrep wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 9:51 am

There is a windows app but I've not played with it .. they are up mainly as a deterrent put a couple up obvious to see them these wireless ones some have been sprayed to match where they are ( brown for on the fence for example) people hide from the obvious cameras but not for the more "covert" cameras
Covert cameras are great; they can be hidden in hollowed out logs, bird houses and pointing through a knothole in a shed, for example.

I've tried a few Windows apps; one called I Spy is good but takes a while to learn. This will run on an older PC. It also installs and runs offline which is a real bonus.
Peter

Post by Peter »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:15 pm
Power kit add a compatible mains charger + 12v/24v dual voltage charger + decent power bank with fast charging... a cig lighter to croc clip adapter can come in handy ... Shtf a car / truck / industrial plant machinery all have 12/ 24v battery systems to clip to battery plug in power bank whilst you have a rest ;) doesn't have to be overly funky or bulky IMG_20240428_221727692_MFNR.jpg
Missed this post earlier.........

I keep my EDC power charging kit, a USB charger, 12v/24v charger, set of leads and adapters......in a sock......knotted to keep everything together. A goodmans power bank makes up the kit.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Had some premium bonds payout so bought some fractional silver and gold.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

pseudonym wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 12:46 am Had some premium bonds payout so bought some fractional silver and gold.
Whoop :lol:

Allotment has been hit hard tonight lots of stuff planted out and watered in well sweet corn / marrows / courgette. Potatoes earthed up .. Plus lots of watering.. it turns out the scrotes who had been on the allotment breaking into my shed and others have met their match there is a rather notorious family on the allotment who had damage done too who have found out whos darlings had done it ill say no more I doubt they'll be back thanked them and passed a box of eggs over the fence :twisted: .......

Got a few bits coming for the camping trailer new gas hose and a coupling damper which has failed . And a few bits for the new mppt charge controller install . And some replacement nylon pole clips

Picked up some AA branded screen wash tablets from home bargains seem to clean well so got enough to make 60 litres of screen wash for £6 (4x tablets 5l each £1.99)

Cars prepped for MOT brakes stripped, cleaned / greased (in the relevant areas ;) :o ) big bar applied to suspension bushes all seems tight and it got a quick wash and spray on wipe off wax

Noticed one thing lots of bugs splattered on the windscreen this year local radio was saying about European hornets been in abundance this year perhaps the £10 charity shop buy of a full new bee keeper jacket / hood / trousers wasn't a bad but after all :tinfoil
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 9:11 pm
pseudonym wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 12:46 am Had some premium bonds payout so bought some fractional silver and gold.
Whoop :lol:

Whoop not require......I said Fractional. :lol: :lol:
Frnc

Post by Frnc »

Fixed two kitchen windows, well, joiner did.

Put up a no-drill venetian blind in my room, in front of new window. Was a struggle, but got there in the end. It clamps into the rebate, not the window rubber type.
Will see how that goes, I still have old curtains as well, but they are ready for the tip. New curtains are not cheap.

London Bar arrived, bent! But it will be ok.

Did a little bit of work on lodger A's room.

Will do my summer rotation early I think, seeing as it is summer weather. It's just a few bits of gear I might want in an evacuation. Already got the fan out the cellar, but not used it yet.

Did two bike rides last week. Not been out this week.