What Preps are you doing this week? Part 10

How are you preparing
jansman

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 10

Post by jansman »

GeeGee wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:48 am Its not just you and mr GG Jansman ..I can hear and when the pharmacist asked me if I had a cat I asked her why ? A cat ? Yes she's called Shirley...

A CAR she yelled from behind the mask .. for all these bottles of ensure for your husband 🤣..theyre heavy !
:lol: :lol: :lol:
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Rusty74

Post by Rusty74 »

jennyjj01 wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:18 pm
Rusty74 wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:53 pm
jennyjj01 wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:39 pm Was there today. They had a good deal on Napolina Passata. I think it was 4 for £1
thanks for that jenny will have a look in b&m as well tomorrow,i normally chit my own spuds but will have a look what we have here and i know im gona end up spending £50 on other stuff from there lol
If you do B&M & Farmfoods, please check for me the weight and count of those spud sets. I didn't have much time and not got my specs with me. I think it had the weight on the back of the card.
Also, was I seeing things on that Napolina Passata? I saw it as a bargain, but it might have been £2.00/4

Spuds..... worth noting, that the bags of spuds in Lidl all have the variety written on the label. Maybe in other supermarkets too. So far I've picked up desiree, cultra and panther varieties in cheap big bags. Each variety gets googled and assessed as seed potential. :D :P :idea:
didnt go to B&M only farm foods today and no 29p tomato passarta there,did notice sugar has gone up again there,now at £1.80 for 2 1kg bags so a price increase of 60p in the last month
Remember the rule of the 7 P's, proper planning and prepperation prevents piss poor performance...
steptoe

Post by steptoe »

Rusty74 wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:25 pm

didnt go to B&M only farm foods today and no 29p tomato passarta there,did notice sugar has gone up again there,now at £1.80 for 2 1kg bags so a price increase of 60p in the last month
Your right on the sugar i noticed that the other day , we have a fair bit in stock so happy to try and wait the price hikes out lol don't ask on the loo roll front the wife has my backside smelling of lavender in one loo and sheabutter in the other lol , i will say you got to grab stuff while you can and as you listen to the same man i do lol .

I will say i am watching the money now and well just starting to lock down here , home security has gone well and we have been prepping in the sense of protection now , i do not want to have spent all the years collecting and gettign ready to just let some rat come and take it .

Door locks and so on and lighting being a big thing round the garden and i have now made the side entrance like fort knox lol

9pm beer time lol (cuppa for us tea total)
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Rusty74 wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:25 pm .......did notice sugar has gone up again there,now at £1.80 for 2 1kg bags so a price increase of 60p in the last month
Wot? Why?
The Sugar campaign is on..... Clouds of steam over Wissington every night
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Finally got the son to come down and change my kitchen door to a sliding one. Now we're no longer in danger of knocking ourselves out on the edge of that stupid door. Also took down a kitchen unit that was in the wrong place. Much better.
rik_uk3

Post by rik_uk3 »

bought 12 jars of gherkins in Asda, 90p a big jar, £2.20p in Tesco.
Richard
South Wales UK
Retired, spending the children's inheritance.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Well I've looked out the head torches and candle lanterns because it's the worst night in a good few years outside now. Rain battering like hell at the windows and the wind is roaring like a train coming out of a tunnel. Bound to be a lot of damage tomorrow and I'm just waiting for the lights to go off.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

diamond lil wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:16 pm Well I've looked out the head torches and candle lanterns because it's the worst night in a good few years outside now. Rain battering like hell at the windows and the wind is roaring like a train coming out of a tunnel. Bound to be a lot of damage tomorrow and I'm just waiting for the lights to go off.
Stay safe lil just had a light shower with a bit of sleet down here but nothing to note..

Had a major house tidy and reordered some preps for the upcoming cold snap put the leisure batteries on charge the past 2 evenings the solar isn't keeping up too well at the moment
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

diamond lil wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:16 pm Well I've looked out the head torches and candle lanterns because it's the worst night in a good few years outside now. Rain battering like hell at the windows and the wind is roaring like a train coming out of a tunnel. Bound to be a lot of damage tomorrow and I'm just waiting for the lights to go off.
Best of luck, Lil, hope you and OH are both doing okay and the roof stays watertight. It's gettind down to 0 centigrade here, but nothing special, not really.
Britcit

Post by Britcit »

My main prep this week has been putting a massive tarp over the wood and peat stack. Our recent powercut caught me out big time as a lot of the peat was still a little damp. Digging into to middle for dry stuff during a blizzard was not an experience I wish to repeat.
Tomorrow I will move about 2 weeks worth into the garage, so if it's ever that bad again I won't need to go outside to get it.
My new usb chargeable radio arrived yesterday, it's now charged up and I just need to get the stations programmed in.

I've also had delivered, a trail cam. Early this week we lost three chickens to an otter. All birds are now heavily barricaded and (I hope) safe. Am gonna set the cam up so I can see if the otter is still about.
I know it's an otter as I heard a commotion one night and it had its jaws around one cockerals throat. Luckily, that one lived as I charged at the otter to chase it away lol.
I can't (and wouldn't want to) shoot an otter, so have to scare it off.
The cam will also add a layer of defence against polecats. We get hit by those every few years and just one will kill 3-4 birds per night.

Another job for tomorrow is to check I have all the seed I need for this year. I hope to build another coldframe and a sturdy greenhouse this year.
"There are none so blind as those who will not see. The most deluded people are those who choose to ignore what they already know."