What Preps are you doing this week? Part 9

How are you preparing
steptoe

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 9

Post by steptoe »

My prep for the next coming week will be sitting round if not able to do much and testing out my new lansky knife sharperning kit , i am going to try and get a razor edge on all the knives kitchen and kit wise , i like a 20 degree angle most times but i might try going to a 17 on a couple to see how cleaner they cut .
Plus Mrs is going to be playing with a couple of stash bags that will be thrown in the car on day outs , so just a basic 35lt rucksack
jansman

Post by jansman »

Well,even though in my hospital bed :lol: I am prepping. Reading an old one. Harry Dodsons Practical Kitchen Garden. Classic. Also, when I was drugged to the eyeballs I couldn’t sleep,so a lot of e mails ,texts, messages went out ,and came in too! Amongst that I had a word with my smallholder friend in our village. He’s taken the fowls away. He holds 30 odd,and these ladies are in a good place. I have to reduce work,as I may have further illness ,and I don’t want stress for Mrs J to deal with it. Shame,but that’s it.My garden is largely perennial and in raised beds and absolute minimum maintenance.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

jansman wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:55 am
Arzosah wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:12 am Emptied out what I'm calling my pantry
That’s a prep Arzosah! Be careful. :? ;) :D
Oi :lol: :lol: :lol:

Made me laugh :lol:

But jansman, your post at 2.50 on this thread, immediately before this one - are you back in hospital, or have they loaned you a hospital bed, which I know happens?
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Thanks for the tips on the mould, people - I really didn't take it seriously enough :( I'm going to throw out the elderly doormat that the mould spores spilled onto when I banged it one. And I've recently been buying both vinegar and bicarb in bulk, a couple of kilos of each, better than nothing.

The stuff I've been using till now is HG Mould Spray, this stuff: https://www.wickes.co.uk/HG-Mould-Spray ... lsrc=aw.ds
steptoe

Post by steptoe »

jansman wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:50 pm Well,even though in my hospital bed :lol: I am prepping. Reading an old one. Harry Dodsons Practical Kitchen Garden. Classic. Also, when I was drugged to the eyeballs I couldn’t sleep,so a lot of e mails ,texts, messages went out ,and came in too! Amongst that I had a word with my smallholder friend in our village. He’s taken the fowls away. He holds 30 odd,and these ladies are in a good place. I have to reduce work,as I may have further illness ,and I don’t want stress for Mrs J to deal with it. Shame,but that’s it.My garden is largely perennial and in raised beds and absolute minimum maintenance.
Hey mate you rest in that bed , i know it is hard it really is , when your active and i am sure you are likei was but listen and just remember the more you listen now the sooner your be back at it .
Also on the being drugged to the eyeballs just watch what you do lol i will say mine was good fortune i won a campervan while drugged to the eyeballs on pain meds lol yup some good came from being ill , but we did also once while in our ward order in over £300 of chinese food lol i kid you not it was so funny they came in then more and more at 11 at night but i will say the nurses helped us eat it lol .
On the note of harry i will say what a man and have you watched the wartime kitchen garden he did omg i was amazed , after his death a guy tried ot find the gardens a fan and it is all gone been turned back to just grass gardens what a shame .
Well mate you keep prepping even if only on paper
jansman

Post by jansman »

Arzosah wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 2:07 pm
jansman wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:55 am
Arzosah wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:12 am Emptied out what I'm calling my pantry
That’s a prep Arzosah! Be careful. :? ;) :D
Oi :lol: :lol: :lol:

Made me laugh :lol:

But jansman, your post at 2.50 on this thread, immediately before this one - are you back in hospital, or have they loaned you a hospital bed, which I know happens?
Ha ha. Yes in hospital til tomorrow all being well. An early scan ,doctor ,prescription and home. The head nurse says they know that home is far better for good feeling. Cannot wait. ;)

Anyhow,you be careful.

Robert Frost.

Me.
jansman

Post by jansman »

steptoe wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 2:29 pm
jansman wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:50 pm Well,even though in my hospital bed :lol: I am prepping. Reading an old one. Harry Dodsons Practical Kitchen Garden. Classic. Also, when I was drugged to the eyeballs I couldn’t sleep,so a lot of e mails ,texts, messages went out ,and came in too! Amongst that I had a word with my smallholder friend in our village. He’s taken the fowls away. He holds 30 odd,and these ladies are in a good place. I have to reduce work,as I may have further illness ,and I don’t want stress for Mrs J to deal with it. Shame,but that’s it.My garden is largely perennial and in raised beds and absolute minimum maintenance.
Hey mate you rest in that bed , i know it is hard it really is , when your active and i am sure you are likei was but listen and just remember the more you listen now the sooner your be back at it .
Also on the being drugged to the eyeballs just watch what you do lol i will say mine was good fortune i won a campervan while drugged to the eyeballs on pain meds lol yup some good came from being ill , but we did also once while in our ward order in over £300 of chinese food lol i kid you not it was so funny they came in then more and more at 11 at night but i will say the nurses helped us eat it lol .
On the note of harry i will say what a man and have you watched the wartime kitchen garden he did omg i was amazed , after his death a guy tried ot find the gardens a fan and it is all gone been turned back to just grass gardens what a shame .
Well mate you keep prepping even if only on paper
I can watch that sort of stuff on my iPad. I’ll have a look. Bored! :? More prepping :D

Robert Frost.

Me.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

jansman wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:35 pm
Arzosah wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 2:07 pm But jansman, your post at 2.50 on this thread, immediately before this one - are you back in hospital, or have they loaned you a hospital bed, which I know happens?
Ha ha. Yes in hospital til tomorrow all being well. An early scan ,doctor ,prescription and home. The head nurse says they know that home is far better for good feeling. Cannot wait. ;)

Anyhow,you be careful.
I'm glad they understand that, and glad you'll be out of there to see the New Year in in your own home, even if you're in bed fast asleep!

I'm being careful, thanks - there was one more shelf to take off, I cleaned the top of it (it was higher up, and not nearly as dirty, and no mould at all underneath like the other two) and had a mask on the whole time. Took it outside to wash it, as well. These masks are years old, though - ahem, the elastic had perished! I'll fetch some of my covid standard masks to finish off.
steptoe

Post by steptoe »

jansman wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:37 pm

I can watch that sort of stuff on my iPad. I’ll have a look. Bored! :? More prepping :D
Hi mate hope it is ok to link on here , this is the first ep on U tube , it was well worth the watch i love it have it on dvd and on the comp as downloads lol yup i know people say wartime was hard times and the bombs but i do wish i could have lived in those times just the helping attitude is something i love , i know there were the schemers and scammers but well life seemd so much more friendly .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLBRK5Tf1I4
GillyBee

Post by GillyBee »

I have used the HG mould spray. It seems to mostly be a very strong bleach. It killed off the mould in the bathroom and bleached the discolouration but when I went to use it a couple of months later the entire bottle had turned into salt water and I had to buy another bottle.