What Preps are you doing this week? Part 8.

How are you preparing
diamond lil

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 8.

Post by diamond lil »

Oh good thinking Jansman I forgot about cat food. Beeglie would not be amused. Well she seldom is, really.. :mrgreen:
Attachments
agrump.jpg
hobo

Post by hobo »

jansman wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:51 pm Spent an hour today sorting batteries for emergency lighting, torches etc…
Recharging batteries time of year for me!
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

diamond lil wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:08 pm Oh good thinking Jansman I forgot about cat food. Beeglie would not be amused. Well she seldom is, really.. :mrgreen:
It's very rare that I miss a "like" button on here, but I do today 😾
jansman

Post by jansman »

diamond lil wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:08 pm Oh good thinking Jansman I forgot about cat food. Beeglie would not be amused. Well she seldom is, really.. :mrgreen:
We have a sign on the kitchen door. “ If you want the most comfortable seat in the house, move the dog.” In your case, the cat! :lol:
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
jansman

Post by jansman »

hobo wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:09 pm
jansman wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:51 pm Spent an hour today sorting batteries for emergency lighting, torches etc…
Recharging batteries time of year for me!
Thanks for that post hobo. I noticed we were short on AAA and AA batteries. I have loads of rechargeable batteries, and solar chargers too, so no excuse. I am on it!
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
peejay

Post by peejay »

I don't know if you've heard of "Grumpy Cat" going viral for a few years (sadly now passed) but your Beeglie looks like she could be a dead-ringer for taking over the reigns!

https://www.google.com/search?q=grumpy+ ... 60&bih=797

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grumpy_Cat
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

:mrgreen: Gawd she's bad enough with the attitude, I'm not telling her this. :lol:
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

Drat. NO WATER. Well, barely a trickle.

Currently having a sampler of a water outage. Cold tap running at a slow trickle and not enough pressure for the boiler, shower or washing machine. Checking United Utilities, it seems a mile wide issue at least. They were good enough to send automated robo call to apologise, but no estimate for repair time.

Oh hum. All good as a learning experience/practice. Last similar outage lasted about 24 hours.

The good news is that it was only yesterday that I bottled 5l of beer and 5l of Italian Red wine. So we we won't go thirsty. That also left me with some 50 litres or so of chlorinated but tainted water that I was washing my equipment with. That's before I consider the few hundred litres of bottled water in stash hidey hole. Nooooo. Thirst not an issue even if it's the start of a protracted outage. :)

But it is mildly irritating that today is wash day* and not having a hot shower, or indeed anything really to wash ourselves or clothes with.

Immediate action plan:-
1) Reported it. Being a secondary report seemed to up it's status on their web site. Assume they'll fix it pronto and don't panic.
2) Bring a few 5l bottles into the kitchen for family reassurance.
3) Check in with elderly parent a few miles away. Partly for her benefit, and partly to prepare a fall back wash and brush up location.
4) Pop the kettle on.
5) Slightly contentious bit. Out shopping today. Will pick up a few more 5l bottles from Tesco. And lots of paper plates.
6) Start a new wine kit :)

* Remembered seeing on tv's 'How' that astronauts on the ISS wear their pants for a week and one guy grew tomatoes in his.
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
peejay

Post by peejay »

I have a few packs of body wipes for emergency washing if needed though to be truthful I'm not actually sure exactly where I've stashed them right now so definitely worth me refreshing my memory...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Clinell-CBC60- ... 398&sr=8-6
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

peejay wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:26 pm I have a few packs of body wipes for emergency washing
Good plan. I'd never thought of that. There are 'Bed bath' wipes on amazon. One to research for price point.
It did remind me to get paper plates and daft as it sounds, some extra knicks.

Water is still off.
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong