What Preps are you doing this week? Part 8.

How are you preparing
Trojanhorse

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 8.

Post by Trojanhorse »

Like many people here I have been increasing my fitness levels and been walking with my GHB most Sundays. Started with 5 miles and now up to between 15-17 miles most trips.

Yesterday was since March the worst weather with sleet, ankle deep mud and ice covered pools of water. All this kit I used worked well and I think I have finally got everything I need in the bag.

I had fun and despite some navigational errors no ill affects today.
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

Managed to get an online order from Tesco so maxed out the 95 items. Ordered some new shelving for the under stairs cupboard so I can organise stuff better in there, and for the little utility next to the bathroom so I can store all the bathroom stuff/cleaning items together and free up some space elsewhere. Put a big yarn/faux fur order in as I have a feeling things are going to get even more backed up than they are, and cleaned out my UK supplier of the yarn I use. I cannot get a new knitting machine for love nor money - Addi won't be shipping until March at the earliest...an indication of the general way of things to come, I figure.

Keep prepping, folks. I have a feeling things are going to get a lot worse before they get better.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Itsy, I'm starting to think the same, about things getting worse before they get better. I had about 6 hours of optimism yesterday - a relative emailed about travel plans for 2022, and the vaccine was confirmed to have been delivered to my local hospital - but paying attention to the news last night and this morning has given me another dose of reality.

Lil, sympathies on the fence. Even down here in the south of England, it wasn't quite as much as I was expecting, and it's certainly going to set me up to run my (yet to be built) raised beds properly. Now that the pension's coming in (2 weeks till my first lot :mrgreen: ) I feel a bit better about the finances. The fencing just has to be done. I saw lots of police in my road last night as I came back from my walk: whatever was going on had finished, and they were actually taking selfies :) just of their own faces, I'm fine with that :) but its just an indicator. One of the town's trouble spots is in my little road of 19 houses :(
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Congrats on the pension Arzosah! welcome to the rich affluent world of the wrinklies! :lol: :lol:
Lemne

Post by Lemne »

I've just got another Whole Foods Online order so I'm breaking down and vac packing bits today, mostly herbs.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

diamond lil wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:42 am Congrats on the pension Arzosah! welcome to the rich affluent world of the wrinklies! :lol: :lol:
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

diamond lil wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:42 am Congrats on the pension Arzosah! welcome to the rich affluent world of the wrinklies! :lol: :lol:
Oi !!!!!!!!!!

I retired ten years ago at 43...... :mrgreen:
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Arzosah wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:00 am Itsy, I'm starting to think the same, about things getting worse before they get better. I had about 6 hours of optimism yesterday - a relative emailed about travel plans for 2022, and the vaccine was confirmed to have been delivered to my local hospital - but paying attention to the news last night and this morning has given me another dose of reality.

Lil, sympathies on the fence. Even down here in the south of England, it wasn't quite as much as I was expecting, and it's certainly going to set me up to run my (yet to be built) raised beds properly. Now that the pension's coming in (2 weeks till my first lot :mrgreen: ) I feel a bit better about the finances. The fencing just has to be done. I saw lots of police in my road last night as I came back from my walk: whatever was going on had finished, and they were actually taking selfies :) just of their own faces, I'm fine with that :) but its just an indicator. One of the town's trouble spots is in my little road of 19 houses :(
If you need any advice about growing on your raised beds etc. Send me a PM. I have been developing my ‘ age proofed’ garden for a good 6 seasons now, and I have made all the mistakes! :lol: and probably will make a good few more.And the comment about age is not meant to offend. My Dad told me 30 years ago that after 50 you don’t want the work. Boy, he was bang on there!
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

I dont think I'm going to bother growing veg any more. I'd like to do some onions but not sure if there is the room. Tiny garden. We've got a very good organic farm shop just 3 mins away by car. Still thinking things through though. New area/new house, all change.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

jansman wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:42 pm If you need any advice about growing on your raised beds etc. Send me a PM. I have been developing my ‘ age proofed’ garden for a good 6 seasons now, and I have made all the mistakes! :lol: and probably will make a good few more.And the comment about age is not meant to offend. My Dad told me 30 years ago that after 50 you don’t want the work. Boy, he was bang on there!
Thanks jansman! I may well do that, I've never grown veg in such a systematic way before :oops: :oops: :oops: As for age .... sadly, I'm a fair bit older than you :shock: :twisted: I need a crying smilie too :mrgreen: