Redibag

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
ForgeCorvus

Redibag

Post by ForgeCorvus »

At last, a pre-made kit thats not full of cheap tat.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the- ... ency-kit#/

Click on "Continue Reading" to see the contents, it seems to be mostly branded stuff.... Although, the 'tent' looks right iffy.

I'm not planning on buying one as I already have more then enough kit to build a couple.
I just thought it would be good to show you lot.....So, rather then getting into the 72-hour or Run-for-the-hills concepts shall we discuss the merits of the items in the kit ?

The floor is yours
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
Nurseandy

Re: Redibag

Post by Nurseandy »

All seems sensible stuff although swapping the water pouches for "disposable" water bottles would allow you to connect the sawyer and refill them. Also, more rubber gloves are always good. And assuming the multitool is decent quality it looks pretty good but wouldnt pay $200 for it though. I'm pleased to say that looking at the contents I generally have this stuff either on me or in the car although not all in one handy bag.
Nurseandy

Post by Nurseandy »

Edit to previous post - i would drop the tourniquet as ive never had training for one and would add burns dressings.

Maybe I should look into updating my 1st aid training - its been over a decade since working in a&e :o
jansman

Post by jansman »

I can see where they are pitching this.It is ' adequate '.It is ' buy and forget'.They are selling this to non- preppers in my opinion.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Nurseandy wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:03 pm Edit to previous post - i would drop the tourniquet as ive never had training for one and would add burns dressings.

Maybe I should look into updating my 1st aid training - its been over a decade since working in a&e :o

5cm above a wound that you can't control with direct pressure (or 5cm above a joint if wound is close to joint ) and crank it tight
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Medusa

Post by Medusa »

It showed him cutting a seatbelt with the cutter and then putting the bag in the boot of the car. Seatbelt cutters need to be in the car with the passengers and not in a bag in the boot as Im sure most of us here know, but other people buying the bag may not think about this.
Growing old disgracefully!
Nurseandy

Post by Nurseandy »

Thank you Yorkshire Andy. Do you ever release it?
Medusa - good point about seat belt cutter/window breaker, I have a very funky one which doubles as a magnetic phone holder and clips into the air vent so always within reach.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Nurseandy wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:07 pm Thank you Yorkshire Andy. Do you ever release it?

No leave it on

https://firstaidforlife.org.uk/tourniquets/

Will dig my latest manual out my car boot tomorrow if I remember
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine