What Preps are you doing this week? Part 7.

How are you preparing
pseudonym

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 7.

Post by pseudonym »

diamond lil wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:38 pm Felt as if I should cook it first then stack in trays but am too lazy to do it. So it'll be bunged in polybags and chucked into the freezer :mrgreen: Big order coming tonight.
If you're cooking for two might as well cook for six.

I do a mean pork belly and pearl barley stew. I eat one portion, a portion goes in the fridge and four others into the freezer as ready meals.
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Wish I could order a load of energy pseud :mrgreen:
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

diamond lil wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:28 pm Wish I could order a load of energy pseud :mrgreen:

If you can order me some too supposed to be my week off work not stopped :lol:

Managed to get to dentist at last need a impacted wisdom tooth removing (joy) been for x-ray awaiting referral now
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

diamond lil wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:28 pm Wish I could order a load of energy pseud :mrgreen:
Covid induced lethargy?
With all the free time, pacing around the house, the only thing I can find the enthusiasm for is procrastinating.

I second the suggestion of cooking in batches. A full stove cooks almost as quick as a small pan. Or with a big slow cooker, you can have a six hour nap.
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

A slow cooker sounds perfect, I'll haul mine out from. Erm. Wherever it is. :mrgreen:
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Me too ... a couple of days ago, I changed the bed, started washing everything, decided to also wash the mattress protector, which meant soaking it in the bath first. Had to wash me then, of course, and shampoo etc, because I'd also been cutting back a leftover shrub in the garden. Utterly exhausted yesterday, I didn't even switch the computer on, which is *incredibly* unlike me. I'm very torn: prepping the way I'd *like* to is just about a full time job - foraging, preserving, sorting information on crops, safety issues, making own hygienic items (masks, washable bags etc) ... and I can't do it. Very frustrating.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Know that feeling too well Arzosah. We need to find a middle way, doing what we want as preppers with the minimum effort.
Lemne

Post by Lemne »

Arzosah wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:12 am
Me too ... a couple of days ago, I changed the bed, started washing everything, decided to also wash the mattress protector, which meant soaking it in the bath first. Had to wash me then, of course, and shampoo etc, because I'd also been cutting back a leftover shrub in the garden. Utterly exhausted yesterday, I didn't even switch the computer on, which is *incredibly* unlike me. I'm very torn: prepping the way I'd *like* to is just about a full time job - foraging, preserving, sorting information on crops, safety issues, making own hygienic items (masks, washable bags etc) ... and I can't do it. Very frustrating.
I can appreciate that feeling. I'm foraging, dehydrating, preserving and canning at the moment as well. It is indeed a full time job on top of other preps. Making masks next if I ever get time.
Rusty74

Post by Rusty74 »

firewood at the moment and around the clock,have bought a new sthil ms170 saw as back up as my old one on its way out,trip to farm foods today to stock up and use the money off voucher,due to us coming close to lock down again in wales,but firewood round the clock at the moment can never have enough logs here.....
Remember the rule of the 7 P's, proper planning and prepperation prevents piss poor performance...
peejay

Post by peejay »

Gathered another (very) full boatload of Woodfuel today - I'm basically grabbing every opportunity at the moment in case we get a bigger local lockdown which will stop it dead. Looks like a good weather day tomorrow to get it processed as well.