Wide mouthed Stainless thermos..

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Alf_resco.

Wide mouthed Stainless thermos..

Post by Alf_resco. »

Anyone got any real world suggestions for a wide mouthed Thermos?

I always struggle to get my ordinary ones cleaned out after flling them with soup and things..
Real world suggestions would go a long way.
DO NOT READ THE SENTENCE BELOW.

Oooh you rebel...
jansman

Re: Wide mouthed Stainless thermos..

Post by jansman »

Alf_resco. wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:08 pm Anyone got any real world suggestions for a wide mouthed Thermos?

I always struggle to get my ordinary ones cleaned out after flling them with soup and things..
Real world suggestions would go a long way.
Drop it in a bucket of hot water with some washing powder and leave overnight... Bingo!
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Lemne

Post by Lemne »

Hubs has one of these for soups and stews in the winter and it's been really good. It comes with a lifetime guarantee and when he lost the gasket from the lid they sent him a whole new lid free of charge. We got ours from a local store but this is the one.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Stanley-Classi ... B00NFI5CMA
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

I've got a "Thermocafe" by Thermos for winter work soup...... Not used it much as it hasn't been winter yet. Five quid, pre-owned from Ebay.
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

I've had Aladdin and Stanley in the past.
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
redskies

Post by redskies »

Got a bog standard one from Argos. Just rinse well, soak in hot & soapy, then wash thoroughly - a big bottle brush can help with that. If it smells, I leave it standing filled with water & a tablespoon of bicarb.

Anything I have like that, if it's stored long term, it gets a tablespoon of bicarb dropped in it and the lid set on top but not done up tight. Easy enough to rinse it out before use & stops it getting that musty smell.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Keep your eyes open in charity shops too - if they're letting people in, anyway. I got one for 50p, perfectly serviceable. I realise you probably want to get it sorted, but you could always have two at that price :)
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

BTW I have a bog brush (bought new for the purpose) I use as a bottlebrush because regular ones are a bit skinny
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
Alf_resco.

Post by Alf_resco. »

ForgeCorvus wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:17 pm BTW I have a bog brush (bought new for the purpose) I use as a bottlebrush because regular ones are a bit skinny
Don't get them mixed up.

Oooh you rebel...
Alf_resco.

Post by Alf_resco. »

redskies wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:38 pm Got a bog standard one from Argos. Just rinse well, soak in hot & soapy, then wash thoroughly - a big bottle brush can help with that. If it smells, I leave it standing filled with water & a tablespoon of bicarb.

Anything I have like that, if it's stored long term, it gets a tablespoon of bicarb dropped in it and the lid set on top but not done up tight. Easy enough to rinse it out before use & stops it getting that musty smell.
I love that.
"If in doubt, drop a tablespoon of Bicarb in"

Motto for life.

Oooh you rebel...