2nd wave preps

How are you preparing
itsybitsy

Re: 2nd wave preps

Post by itsybitsy »

jansman wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:31 pm
diamond lil wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:32 pm Every single country in the world that had it now has it again. It isn't coming, it's here And for England, it isn't a second wave anyway because they never got out of the first..
I am just North of Leicester. Need anyone say more?
“Happy Hunger Games! And may the odds be ever in your favour.”

Just sayin'... :

I'm working today - I'll be doing a quick twirl round the store when I've finished my shift to pick up a few items. Sadly my 15% staff discount is only valid for the first four days after payday but I still get 10% off, better then nowt.

If and when I see any shortages or hear of any in the pipeline, I'll give you all the nod. :mrgreen:
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

That would be great itsy, ty xx
jansman

Post by jansman »

Most kind.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

I'm guessing we are moving into the third wave I was sick as a dog around Christmas for about 3 weeks so too were many people around here I had the cough the loss of taste a raging temperature that I couldn't get down spent half of Christmas day in bed sleeping in I did a bottle of codine cough mixture (pharmacy lady didn't even question it) full bottle of deflam spray and totally overdosed on strepsils plus a shop size jar of boiled Lolly's

Little man was at the drs with it "just a virus give Calpol and lots of fluids " late December he was demolishing ice pops as fast as we could freeze them... me and the wife was up for 3 nights monitoring his breathing and he was really struggling to get air in

Wife's hen do in January had 1/4 of the "coming" drop out and they were genuinely sick

Really can't see it going away at last chat to a paramedic the NHS was estimating there was 35 strains active in the UK!
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

itsybitsy wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:36 am
jansman wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:31 pm
diamond lil wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:32 pm Every single country in the world that had it now has it again. It isn't coming, it's here And for England, it isn't a second wave anyway because they never got out of the first..
I am just North of Leicester. Need anyone say more?
“Happy Hunger Games! And may the odds be ever in your favour.”
:shock: :shock: :shock: I love The Hunger Games, but I really don't want to live in that society, and yet ... yeah, it's the same sense.

I'm working today - I'll be doing a quick twirl round the store when I've finished my shift to pick up a few items. Sadly my 15% staff discount is only valid for the first four days after payday but I still get 10% off, better then nowt.

If and when I see any shortages or hear of any in the pipeline, I'll give you all the nod. :mrgreen:
Thank you. Things happen *fast* these days.